L2tp On Untangle

G-Stress

Anybody using L2TP via Untangle? If so what is your configuration on the Untangle box? I am running Untangle as my router and for some reason I cannot get a L2TP connection passed it. I can connect locally just fine. I have opened the necessary ports on the firewall and forwarded them to the destined host, but nmap doesn't show them open at all?

1701 TCP

500 UDP

I've followed this thread here which helped me figure out how to enable the GRE protocol, but still I don't know why the ports are not opening. Even canyouseeme.org is showing them not open.

http://forums.untangle.com/networking/16047-l2tp-vpn-pass-through.html

Setup is Modem --> Untangle --> Switch --> ESXi 4.1 running a few VM's 1 being Server 2k8 which is where I'm trying to establish the L2TP connection. I can SSH and PPTP in just fine. I keep getting error 789 when trying to connect using L2TP.

If any of you have a working setup using windows server 2k3 or 2k8 I'd be interested to know, I've been trying to do this for awhile now.

Thanks.