What Do I Need To Stream Pandora Over Vent?

Varcos

I've got Virtual audio cable, I know how to run a music bot on vent, I just want to be able to set the output of Pandora to my virtual audio cable so I can funnel it through vent. I tried searching and reading through several of the threads looking for the solution I need, but I don't seem to be able to find it, I don't wanna save the music for myself, I just wanna be able to stream it over vent. I've tried several things, I loaded it up in winamp under their online services but it doesn't route through the output settings that way. I downloaded pandora caster from here, but I got a bit lost in it and am not sure thats gonna be what I need. it seems like it should be so simple, just setting 1 output setting but damn I can't seem to find it.

Install either http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/PandoraSetup.exe (pandora client only) or saver2.

If using the pandora client only, open Pandora.conf - located in your appdata folder, on xp it's C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\PandoraClient. No idea where it is on vista. :vista:

If using saver2, open the advanced settings dialog by opening config, then click "Advanced Configuration", on the proxy tab.

Then:

Close the pandora client.

Make sure that the key "OutputDevice" is set to "WaveOut"

Look for the key "WaveOutDevNo" - It should be 0. Try setting it to 1 (with the audio cable active), open the client, and see if it works. If it doesn't, try 2, and so on and so forth. If you only have one sound card it will probably be 1. The pandora client MUST be closed when you save the file, and then re-open the client.

The caster is meant to stream over the shoutcast protocol - it does not output audio. Though it would also work if you had winamp (or mplayer) connect to the caster and then output on the virtual audio device.

well I tried that, tried 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 but none of them seemed to work... is there anyway to find the direct relationship of numbers to devices? like in ventrilo, listed under input devices, is Default DirectSound Device, SoundMAX Digital Audio, 713x BDA Analog Audio Capture, Virtual Cable 1. In that order.