What Is The Cheapest Gaming Laptop That Works Good Out There?

damian

I am on a budget and yet want a good gaming computer, specifically for world of warcraft but also for the other usual things. I have narrowed it down to a couple of choices in my other questions, but I have heard bad things about them. Even though they are gaming laptops, they are the less expensive ones so I dont know if they are all that good for gaming. I need answers and help.

• 3 weeks later...

dude those words dont fit together in the same sentance

best value laptop i think u mean .... if you buy the cheapest it'll probably be obsolete within 12 months

is there any specific reason u want a gaming laptop ?

• 2 months later...

if you want a gaming laptop you should check out alienware laptops they're pretty much the top dog ;)

Alien ware is such a rip off, you can get an i7 assus with 6gb ram and a BA nvidea card with 1.5gb dedicated for half the price of an aleinware, plus dell bought it out and I don't condone the buying of dell, acer, emachine, gateway, compaq, its all garbage now, build a desktop or buy asus/toshiba for a laptop, sony and samsung are ok too. And for macs... blah....

The Alienware M11x is actually a pretty good value if you need an ultra-portable gaming system. If you want a bigger screen I would look at the Asus G-series laptops.

I'd be wary of HP/Toshiba. I've seen some of their models melt after a few hours of gaming.

if you want a gaming laptop you should check out alienware laptops they're pretty much the top dog ;)

Couldn't agree more, but you know how much they cost a lot.

And besides WOW is not a very resource demanding game.

I've seen college of mine, playing it before and even a budget laptop can run it without any complain.

Any $500 dollars or $1000 dollar laptop will run WOW just fine.

Just make sure it has a good CPU clock speed and plenty of RAM.

If you only want to play WOW on it you don't need a gaming laptop. I used to run WOW on low settings on an intel 945 Gfx chip set at around 20-30fps. 1024-768

when i started playing Wow i played on a pentium 4 single core, 1.7 ghz, 768mb of RAM and a whopping 64mb dedicated video RAM... ya it was bare minimum settings during burning crusade, but i managed to be my guilds top healer through black temple, so 8fps, you can still get stuff done, although i would never recommend those specs lol. now i game on a HP dv7 with a core 2 quad 2.8ghz, 8gb RAM and a ati radeon mobility hd (blablabla long name) 4530 with 512mb dedicated. i run Wow at mid-high settings at about 30-40fps at 1600x900, i have no problems running anything except crysis (duh) and mass effect 2.

I have an asus eee 1201n,

Its a dual core 1.6 i have upgraded it to 4gb ram.

And an upgraded 7200 rpm harddrive.

It has the nvidia ion chipset.

I can run WoW on high.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a Compaq CQ-61 8GB Ram and shared graphics. I raid 25man and have no frame rate issues. Bought my laptop last year for £329. Very cheap, an no I've got an 8Hr battery and 1TB hdd in it, runs epicly fine :) The guys are right though, anything for power gaming it's an alienware :@)

dude those words dont fit together in the same sentance

best value laptop i think u mean .... if you buy the cheapest it'll probably be obsolete within 12 months

is there any specific reason u want a gaming laptop ?

I agree with trip. I hope you meant "value" and not "cheap". Just remember, you get what you pay for. :)

That said, it's about time for me to get a new laptop (though probably won't use it much for gaming), and I have no idea what I'm going to get.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If your looking for good quality gaming laptop for as cheaply as you can get, i would recommend either the ASUS G73 line or the G53 line. Main thing your looking at on those is the cooling design. I have a buddy that has an MSI with practically the same cooling feature and he seams to enjoy it, but your gonna be looking at spending 800+ if you want to play newer games at a good quality on it. Their are other laptops that are made for Media/Drafting purposes that would probably be more of what your looking for that start at 600.

You all cray cray. You can get gaming and budget, but not on a laptop. tbh I would suggest getting a used Lenovo T60p

Should be enough power to run all games at med to low specs.

For the same money you could build a machine that can run most games at mid to high as a mid size atx.

• 1 month later...

I bought my brother one of the newer Asus EEE's a while back and he's been able to run COD and CSS on it no problem. I'd say read reviews and do lots of research for what you need before deciding to buy. I don't game on my laptop, so I saved up and built a gaming rig at home instead of cashing out a load of money on a laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i agree with Snubs, Personally i dont like gaming on a laptop && in the long run is much cheaper to upgrade your Gaming Rig than it is to Buy a New Laptop every year...

Actually it's more like every 3 years (+/- one year). My two year old Alienware laptop can still handle any game I throw at it just fine. I don't think it'll need to be replaced for at least another year, maybe even two.

You don't need the latest and greatest to play games, you only need the latest and greatest if you want to play the games at with three monitors and all the graphical settings turned up to the max. If you care about the gameplay more than the eyecandy then a 2-3 year old system is still perfectly good.