Wifi Landing Page

iisjman07

I have a friend who has asked me to test the security of his wireless network. I assumed this would be relatively simple, but it's one of those networks in which instead of having an encryption key, it has a landing page whih you need to login to. I'm not sure how to test this, anyone done it before? Basically the objective is to get internet access without logging in; all I know at the moment is that pinging an outside host will resolve that hosts IP address successfully.

Well if you can really ping an outside host, than that login page its not doing what its suppose to do.

Here is a demonstration, of how you can get internet access

http://www.hak5.org/episodes/episode-504

You could try sniffing the network for a bit till you know the MAC address of someone who has authenticated. Once they have stopped using the network try using their MAC address.

It is quite common for captive portals to keep a list of MAC addresses that have authenticated and then capture any web connections that don't come from one of those MAC addresses.

You could try sniffing the network for a bit till you know the MAC address of someone who has authenticated. Once they have stopped using the network try using their MAC address.

It is quite common for captive portals to keep a list of MAC addresses that have authenticated and then capture any web connections that don't come from one of those MAC addresses.

Or better yet, you could potentially sniff the credentials used to login. Provided the traffic is not encrypted.

Edited by Infiltrator

Step 1.

Setup fake AP

Step 2.

Setup fake landing page

Step 3.

Steal passwsords

U mad wireless product vendor?

Even easier, since you can already connect to the AP and ping websites, just MITM everyone and collect the router password directly from the network.