[fail] Sony Psp/ps3 Private Keys Leaked

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

I love my hacked ps3 running all kinds of homebrew. A warning though a new CFW is up (not geohots) that is causing bricks on some ps3s so hold off on any cfws promising backup managers.

This is great news, i love my ps3, i really do it's an awesome console and a great media device for playback.

The opportunity for me to play around with the device at a more granular level of running anything on it just makes me love it more.

SOny may have a real opportunity here to put their hand up and say yeah we fucked up but then embrace the possibility of working with the greater community for something better. Maybe something along the lines of an "app" sotre kinda thing where the community is encouraged to develop new stuff with SOny ratifying the process. Or you have the choice of using your own shit, voiding your warranty and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'your fuck up is your problem" kinda thang.

omg i bet sony are pissed lol i doubt they'll embrace it ... as x942 said ... new updates are bricking uh oh :D

Yeah, my PS3 is one of the models that would have bricked, glad I didn't install that CFW. I'm sure they'll have it fixed in a few days though.

Edit: kmeaw released a new firmware that allows you to install unsigned packages and a .PKG that patches PEEK/POKE to work with backup managers. I haven't done it yet, but I'll update when I try.

Edited by dr0p

Guest Deleted_Account

Yeah, my PS3 is one of the models that would have bricked, glad I didn't install that CFW. I'm sure they'll have it fixed in a few days though.

Edit: kmeaw released a new firmware that allows you to install unsigned packages and a .PKG that patches PEEK/POKE to work with backup managers. I haven't done it yet, but I'll update when I try.

Awesome! Tell me how it goes I so want to put GTA IV on the HDD so I can use mods and stuff! (I Own it; Don't worry) What model is your PS3? Mine is CECHA (Fat release model).

I just got my Resistance 2 disc backed up onto the HDD and running =) Even updated and I played online. This new method works on ALL PS3 models with no chance of bricking, which is really nice. There's a tutorial over at PS3Hax on how to get it set up. It's really simple... but I'm going to need to buy a bigger HDD lol I only have the 60gb that came with it when I bought it. Also, this might make a good segment for Hak5 or something.

Edited by dr0p

I just got my Resistance 2 disc backed up onto the HDD and running =) Even updated and I played online. This new method works on ALL PS3 models with no chance of bricking, which is really nice. There's a tutorial over at PS3Hax on how to get it set up. It's really simple... but I'm going to need to buy a bigger HDD lol I only have the 60gb that came with it when I bought it. Also, this might make a good segment for Hak5 or something.

cool thanks for the info.

But I too want a bigger hard drive and have searched a bit to find that the ps3 is a little picky.

It seems some of the 2.5" sata hds are sata 2 and the ps3 sometimes has problems.

I want to buy this HD Seagate Momentus 5400.6 500GB 5400RPM 8MB Cache 2.5IN

lots of 4 to 5 STARS on most sites for users installing in ps3 but a few say

It's lags and or the ps3 reports the drive cannot be found?

EDIT:someone suggested this model has a dip for setting the sata speed to 150 instead of 300

so not sure if it's just this one or most 2.5 hds have issues

If anyone here has replaced there ps3's hd please post what hd works

thank you guys so much

Edited by petertfm

Guest Deleted_Account

cool thanks for the info.

But I too want a bigger hard drive and have searched a bit to find that the ps3 is a little picky.

It seems some of the 2.5" sata hds are sata 2 and the ps3 sometimes has problems.

I want to buy this HD Seagate Momentus 5400.6 500GB 5400RPM 8MB Cache 2.5IN

lots of 4 to 5 STARS on most sites for users installing in ps3 but a few say

It's lags and or the ps3 reports the drive cannot be found?

EDIT:someone suggested this model has a dip for setting the sata speed to 150 instead of 300

so not sure if it's just this one or most 2.5 hds have issues

If anyone here has replaced there ps3's hd please post what hd works

thank you guys so much

I grabed the 500GB Sony branded one for $99 at walmart works perfectly. If you don't mind paying for the brand name that is. That was also on sale it is normally $120 or something.

Any drive should work, but it needs to be formatted with FAT32 for the PS3 to recognize it. Also, some of the higher capacity drives are too thick; they can't exceed 9.5mm if I remember what I read correctly. I'm looking at this one on Newegg; only $80 for 640gb and its 7200RPM which should help with load times :)

Edited by dr0p

Any drive should work, but it needs to be formatted with FAT32 for the PS3 to recognize it. Also, some of the higher capacity drives are too thick; they can't exceed 9.5mm if I remember what I read correctly. I'm looking at this one on Newegg; only $80 for 640gb and its 7200RPM which should help with load times :)

thanks for the info but I just purchased this one from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-2-5-Inch-Internal-WD5000BEKT/dp/B003TOE4PQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

lots of reviews on there and the net with good results.

a quick search could not find the lag, pause and drive not found issues with this western digital drive.

I would have loved 640gb but 500 is good too. I am more interested in the playing my backed up nes/snes/saga/n64/roms

as well I hope someone will redo the menu of the ps3 I don't like the fact I have to switch to video to watch movies on my home server

than have to switch back to music for music, also there needs to be a default folder you can set seriously I have to go 6 folders in

just to get to movies, also better video support would be nice

to x942 I could not find the sony banded one maybe just in the states at wall mart

I will def make a report about the drive I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-2-5-Inch-Internal-WD5000BEKT/dp/B003TOE4PQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

a quick search could not find the lag, pause and drive not found issues with this western digital drive.

I would have loved 640gb but 500 is good too. I am more interested in the playing my backed up nes/snes/saga/n64/roms

I hate to be a drunk asshole, but if you're getting 500gb you're not just playing backed up ROMs. The only reason you would need that muchh space is to store games.

I hate to be a drunk asshole, but if you're getting 500gb you're not just playing backed up ROMs. The only reason you would need that muchh space is to store games.

It's still nice to have a buffer, if someone say owned all the game boy and ds games there backed up rom collection

would be over 100GB plus the few games I do own take up a big chunk of the 80Gig stock just in install files. gt5

It's the super size me, do you pay a bit more for twice as much conundrum. lol

Edited by petertfm

Guest Deleted_Account

as well I hope someone will redo the menu of the ps3 I don't like the fact I have to switch to video to watch movies on my home server

than have to switch back to music for music, also there needs to be a default folder you can set seriously I have to go 6 folders in

just to get to movies, also better video support would be nice

to x942 I could not find the sony banded one maybe just in the states at wall mart

I will def make a report about the drive I bought.

Where do you live? I am pretty sure they are north America only I got mine here in Canada but walmart also said they are being discontinued as they don't sell worth crap. I did try my 1TB western digital out of my external HDD (pulled it out of the case). It fits but ps3 doesn't like it. Must be a size limit it is formatted fat32 by pmagic.

Where do you live? I am pretty sure they are north America only I got mine here in Canada but walmart also said they are being discontinued as they don't sell worth crap. I did try my 1TB western digital out of my external HDD (pulled it out of the case). It fits but ps3 doesn't like it. Must be a size limit it is formatted fat32 by pmagic.

I'm too lazy to go into walmart lol.

I live in Kelowna B.C

Hopefully the one I ordered is good, I was trying to backup my ps3 yesterday and what a nightmare.

my 500gig external is ntfs and when I used the drive manager on vista It took over 2 hours to re-size it 32 gigs smaller so

I could make a partition.

vista wont allow you to format fat32 unless the size is under 32 gigs. lame

Guest Deleted_Account

I'm too lazy to go into walmart lol.

I live in Kelowna B.C

Hopefully the one I ordered is good, I was trying to backup my ps3 yesterday and what a nightmare.

my 500gig external is ntfs and when I used the drive manager on vista It took over 2 hours to re-size it 32 gigs smaller so

I could make a partition.

vista wont allow you to format fat32 unless the size is under 32 gigs. lame

Oh wow I live in Prince George BC! Hey Neighbor! :P and Same thing here although my 1 TB is read when pluged-in to USB so maybe it's off just slightly from the ones the ps3 needs for internal use. I mean it fits but does nothing.

Oh wow I live in Prince George BC! Hey Neighbor! :P and Same thing here although my 1 TB is read when pluged-in to USB so maybe it's off just slightly from the ones the ps3 needs for internal use. I mean it fits but does nothing.

:) PG is the bomb. not sure if you or anyone else would know but do any of the jailbreaks stop the checking of newer updates?

if so I wonder if sony has a backdoor and the rights to peak into the jail-broken system? maybe when you launch a game that has an update they will sneak in code that checks for hacks. another way a new game could check is to time the blu-ray drive say time it from accessing a file at the front to a file at the back as well as load times. hd's are faster than cd drives. anyway just me ranting

Guest Deleted_Account

:) PG is the bomb. not sure if you or anyone else would know but do any of the jailbreaks stop the checking of newer updates?

if so I wonder if sony has a backdoor and the rights to peak into the jail-broken system? maybe when you launch a game that has an update they will sneak in code that checks for hacks. another way a new game could check is to time the blu-ray drive say time it from accessing a file at the front to a file at the back as well as load times. hd's are faster than cd drives. anyway just me ranting

AFAIK None of the jailbreaks or CFW's stop updates. HOWEVER the latest version is still 6.55 and as we can sign updates it doesn't matter if sony puts a new one up we can always run homebrew no need to hack. Now if you want backup loader or other stuff that is soon to come (themes, otheros etc.) then CFW will be needed. Most people are saying that sony can do 2 things: 1) Block people from PSN and Online 2) Issue updates that put in some more security and road blocks. (IE. Change the keys to sign updates that way installing a CFW would be harder but old games would still run with the old Keys.) One thing I don't understand is that FailOVerFlows demonstration they said the PS3 does not have eFuses but according to wikipedia and IBM it does. So if that is true sony could, in theory, Remotely brick any moded PS3's. Then again I am sure failoverflow would know if there were efusesI am just pointing it out as It seems weird that IBM says it has them.

As for Backup loaders they have a Stealth mode where as soon as the game launches it looks legit and not as the backup manages ID. Best thing? Use Backups offline.

The CFWs don't disable updating. Also, there's no real reason to update past 3.55 because the BMs that launch the games can spoof the firmware version of your PS3 to a higher version. Of course there are ways that Sony could in theory update the firmware to see if we're running CFW, but we can decrypt and patch any update they release because we have the keys.