Security Cameras

Sprouty

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum section, but I'm hoping someone can help me anyway.

I'm looking to install a security camera. what i would like to do and would appreciate some comment on is i would like my ubuntu box to receive the cameras feed and record it. I've seen a few program that look able to do it.

The problem i have is i'm not sure what hardware would be compatible to ubuntu and would really like some suggest or comments. The current camera i have is like:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weatheproof-Vision-Office-Security-adaptor/dp/B001C21KIG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293788394&sr=8-1 . Although if you can recommend any other that would be grate

Many Thanks,

Sprouty

What's the video quality on these cameras like?

the video quality on the camera i have looks tidy, I haven't got a long enough lead to give it a good test.

When the cables & parts for it turn up i can post some screenshots so you can see for your self.

Cheers,

Sprouty

I've been meaning to buy one of those cameras, but since I am not sure what the video quality is like, I am a bit concerned.

If you could post the results, it will be much appreciated.