Was The Film Hackers Based On True Events?

SpaceCadet

It is not based on a true story. It is a fanciful telling of a story that has probably never happened involving many dramatized tricks used by hackers. If you want a closer to real life movie check out Wargames. Again, it's quite a fanciful story, but the 'hacking' involved is more grounded in reality.

It is not based on a true story. It is a fanciful telling of a story that has probably never happened involving many dramatized tricks used by hackers. If you want a closer to real life movie check out Wargames. Again, it's quite a fanciful story, but the 'hacking' involved is more grounded in reality.

haha wow, thanks man. this guys laid it on pretty thick, saying he really did know the guy that crashed the NY stock market servers but I couldn't find anything about this 11 year old genius kid. nor could I find an origin for the story that was told in the movie i had a feeling it wasn't true. the hacking in that movie seemed too perfect and mystical haha.

thanks for your help. maybe one day ill learn the art of hacking, it seems like a pretty interesting lifestyle.

Yehhh Man Zero Cool did that Zero Cool? Crashed fifteen hundred and seven computers in one day? Biggest crash in history, front page New York Times August 10th, 1988. I thought you was black man. YO THIS IS ZERO COOL!

Yehhh Man Zero Cool did that Zero Cool? Crashed fifteen hundred and seven computers in one day? Biggest crash in history, front page New York Times August 10th, 1988. I thought you was black man. YO THIS IS ZERO COOL!

lmaoooo "yo i thought you was black man!" even if its not true, still love the movie

The movie was pretty cool, but it was not based on true events.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a closer to real life movie check out Wargames. Again, it's quite a fanciful story, but the 'hacking' involved is more grounded in reality.

Is Wargames based on any real events? Hacking part was cool and quite real, but story is really unbelievable.