Blackbuntu Ultimate Os For Hacking

MaYaSeVeN

About Blackbuntu

Blackbuntu is distribution for penetration testing which was specially designed for security training students and practitioners of information security.

Blackbuntu is penetration testing distribution with GNOME Desktop Environment. It's currently being built using the Ubuntu 10.10 and work on reference Back|Track. It's created in our own time as a hobby.

Maintainer Team:

Project Founder & Main Developer: c1ph3r < c1ph3r {at} blackbuntu . com >

Developer: x-c0d3 < x-c0d3 {at} blackbuntu . com >

Developer: mayaseven < mayaseven {at} blackbuntu.com >

Contributor: salary < salary {at} blackbuntu.com >

Contact us:

We're requires some developers for working on a variety of interesting projects and in particular to join in an innovative and challenging project.

just write to info {at} blackbuntu.com

Review :

Download :

http://www.blackbuntu.com/download

looks interesting but at a point in the video it looks like the bg is hak5 inspired lol. similar font and what looks like a high quality picture of sparda's avatar

Ok, playing with it now lol nice OS so far, one bug I found is the text color was the same white it seems on Hak5 to login, so I had to highlight my own text to make sure I typed in the right info (which can be fixed easily most likely), keeps asking to save my cookies and stuff lol, will this replace Bt4, I am not sure yet, I will have fun playing with this for a while. Armitage is built in which is nice, have not used that one yet, games and stuff, I am impressed so far, nice work.. thanks to the people who made this possible.

edit:: oh yeah maybe adding all the cool firefox plugin's would be nice, user agent switcher, fire bug, tor proxy button?, leet key, ect..

I know I can do it manually, and respect what you have made allready but just offering suggestions for making it better? :-)

Edited by 555

Ok, playing with it now lol nice OS so far, one bug I found is the text color was the same white it seems on Hak5 to login, so I had to highlight my own text to make sure I typed in the right info (which can be fixed easily most likely), keeps asking to save my cookies and stuff lol, will this replace Bt4, I am not sure yet, I will have fun playing with this for a while. Armitage is built in which is nice, have not used that one yet, games and stuff, I am impressed so far, nice work.. thanks to the people who made this possible.

edit:: oh yeah maybe adding all the cool firefox plugin's would be nice, user agent switcher, fire bug, tor proxy button?, leet key, ect..

I know I can do it manually, and respect what you have made allready but just offering suggestions for making it better? :-)

Armitage is already included, as well as some Firefox plugins which needed to be enabled before use.

i downloaded it and tried it out. i like it. i sent you guys a email at info@blackbuntu.com

nice OS so far. me and my friend are going to be installing it. i found i tried to donwload it several times and the .iso file was only 2.4 GB's and the md5sum is different but i would assume its due to a different size .iso file. as you guys have it listed as 2.6 GB's.

EDIT: i havent tried to install it yet but my friend has. the installer keeps crashing. bug perhaps?

Edited by astromech_kuhns

do you have ubuntu running already when you install blackbuntu? me and my friend can not install it. it crash's for both of us. we have 64 bit systems. maybe thats it? what are you guys running. although, you can run 32 bit OS's on a 64 bit system. i have no idea why it wont work for either of us. mine is a HP laptop his is a custom built desktop.

do you have ubuntu running already when you install blackbuntu? me and my friend can not install it. it crash's for both of us. we have 64 bit systems. maybe thats it? what are you guys running. although, you can run 32 bit OS's on a 64 bit system. i have no idea why it wont work for either of us. mine is a HP laptop his is a custom built desktop.

I install it on a 64bit VM using Vmware Workstation 7.1.3 build-324285 with the host OS being Windows 7 ultimate x64 with 6gb RAM. Was just like installing any of the Ubuntu Distros.

I install it on a 64bit VM using Vmware Workstation 7.1.3 build-324285 with the host OS being Windows 7 ultimate x64 with 6gb RAM. Was just like installing any of the Ubuntu Distros.

My friend was able to install it on a VM to. but not strait to the computer. VM works fine but not to the system it seems. unless, someone has tried it to a system and got it to work?

Guest Deleted_Account

Installed on my Acer Aspire one and works Flawlessly! Great job! I really though is just going to be one of the half done projects but I can see you put a lot of effort into this. Thanks for the OS and work!

• 2 weeks later...

Will give it a try and see how it compares with Backtrack.

Ver ce .2 works out of box with Alfa 36h. The 36nh and 51nh are no go :-( Pretty solid feel to it overall. Keeping it on a thumb drive for now but it might just replace an os on a netbook shortly. Can't get past a res issue with backtrack 1024x600 intel pineview chip / xserver-xorg on the netbook anyway. 800*600=headache

• 3 weeks later...