Pineapple Help Installation! 7 Unique Questions

Reeth

Hey guys,

first what i wanted to do!

i want to create a pineapple which is 1:1 the same as the one i can purchase in Store for 109$

What i have is a Fon 2201, a linux ubuntu 10.10 box, and the Awush036h antenna

First Question :

Is it possible doing this stuff with this kind of Fon?

If yes perfekt!

Second Question :

I got an Iphone 3G, can i share the 3G Internet as same as Daren did it on his Movie ?

(It is on FW 4.2.* Jailbreaked with Baseband 6.04.)

Third Question :

Can i run this router also with batteries ?

Fourth Question :

Is there a step by step tutorial for Linux Users ? I need to flash it completely! ( i had an old openwrt running )

Fith Question :

Is it Possible to store the *pccap file on my server?

Sixth Question :

The 2201 Router has 2 network interfaces is it possible to use one of them to connect a wireless lan, and the other to share this connection? if yes how ?

seventh Question :

Is anyone out there who could help me solving these problems?

would be great!

#4 - Flashing a router is the same process as any other OS really. The guides on forum have instructions.

#5 - Not sure what PCAP file you would be talking about. The pineapple is just a hardware device to allow a MITM attack. You would run the packet sniffer on the host which is sharing it's internet to the pineapple. I guess in your case it would be the iphone?

#6 - All routers have 2 interfaces. The WAN port for 'internet' source and a wireless card. It's just a small router, minus the multi port switch; and has wifi. Unless you have the model with 2 actual Ethernet ports; which also has wifi.

Edited by Mr-Protocol

Hey guys,

first what i wanted to do!

i want to create a pineapple which is 1:1 the same as the one i can purchase in Store for 109$

What i have is a Fon 2201, a linux ubuntu 10.10 box, and the Awush036h antenna

First Question :

Is it possible doing this stuff with this kind of Fon?

If yes perfekt!

Yes

Second Question :

I got an Iphone 3G, can i share the 3G Internet as same as Daren did it on his Movie ?

(It is on FW 4.2.* Jailbreaked with Baseband 6.04.)

don't know, can you do tethering on an iPhone?

Third Question :

Can i run this router also with batteries ?

yes

Fourth Question :

Is there a step by step tutorial for Linux Users ? I need to flash it completely! ( i had an old openwrt running )

yes - http://www.digininja.org/interceptor/install_walkthrough.php - till "Change to the Desktop"

Fith Question :

Is it Possible to store the *pccap file on my server?

what pcap? Probably

Sixth Question :

The 2201 Router has 2 network interfaces is it possible to use one of them to connect a wireless lan, and the other to share this connection? if yes how ?

you want to connect a wired NIC to a wireless lan? Not sure what you are asking but the answer is probably if you know enough about routing/bridging

seventh Question :

Is anyone out there who could help me solving these problems?

would be great!

This forum, ask questions but check for answers first. Some of these questions aren't unique.

Okay, i think finally i'm done

i think i spent more time on hak5 and diginija's homepage than on my girlfriend ;)

Now i have running Jasager and a beautifull looking webif² Interface

But i'm still not happy ;) (yaa as always i want more & more)

I am trying to find a way to integrate Jasager in the webif² interface to easily switch between.

I know adding a link would do the job but i'm not shure which conf. file i should edit for that

The next thing i want to do is to install a tool to monitor the whole traffic (eg. homepages etc.) like snort

i already installed snort...but it is way to hard for me to set the right rules.

snort should also log the log file to an external server cause i think the fon+ will run out of memory after some time...and i don't want it to save the files local on my pc because then it should run all the time...

the thing why i want to do this stuff is i live in a Residential Community 24 people share one apartment and one internet connection... and i want to ensure the one who has the responsability for the internet.

I will release a paper soon for all the people living with me, where they have to agree for this kind of "monitoring"

with this i could track back the person who did the illegal activities...otherwise the whole community has to pay for the the fault of one...and in germany this can be very expensive...the community living above us had to pay 5000€ about 6.500$ of fine because one jerk downloaded a movie at p2p. And i want to avoid this happening on our community so if anybody has a solution :) please reply

Glad it is now working.

Snort is an intrusion detection system not an app to monitor who is doing what. For monitoring it depends on what you want to monitor, for purely web stuff you could implement an inline/transparent squid proxy and have that log all requests. If you want to block all p2p you can do that with iptables rules. If you want to monitor everything real time then possibly something like Network Miner running on a windows box would be best.

You are right about not logging to the Fon, it has very limited disk space so would fill up and die quickly.

As for jumping between web interfaces for my stuff have a look in /www or /jasager, I can't remember off hand where I left the files. Don't know about webif for the return link. I'd say just put two bookmarks on your toolbar and use those.