Feeding The Pineapple Wireless Internet

yesman

Unfortunately it doesn't. I used the alfa, compile a usbreset program to renitialize the hardware.. went through lsusb out put.. used a Netgear WG11v2 and a TP-Link all with compatible chipsets. None of the decide to show up in any of the config options, nor do they show up as a device under /dev.

I will probably go to 2.5 if that's what it will take. I mean, they said wifi relay and I want my relay darnit! :o

Thank you very much for you input! If you find anything else please don't hesitate.

here is what I came up with for my issue http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/27303-mk4-firmware-261-release/page__st__20#entry208364

so, this might be off topic, and im sorry for bumping an old post, but can i connect an alfa to my mk4 (2.6.0) and set up internet pass-through through the 2 antenna's?

ie iwconfig wlan1 essid "NETWRORK_ID" key "NETWORK_KEY"

ifconfig wlan1 up

and have karma running on the onboard wifi antenna? this way i can have it passing internet without me being connected, thus allowing it to sit remotely for a bit, and i dont want to have to purchase a 3g because i cannot justify the cost/bill-per-month to the boss (read:wife)

Good question. I have one.. did you read all the posts? The answer is only a few posts above yours. I totally sympathize with your current quandary. But I would feel it redundant and a disservice to you if you don't read through the knowledge already presented.

I will give you one hint. You need to bridge the wlan0 to wlan1, and the tool for that would be to use Iptables to route out-bound traffic to your internet accessible wifi.

Good question. I have one.. did you read all the posts? The answer is only a few posts above yours. I totally sympathize with your current quandary. But I would feel it redundant and a disservice to you if you don't read through the knowledge already presented.

I will give you one hint. You need to bridge the wlan0 to wlan1, and the tool for that would be to use Iptables to route out-bound traffic to your internet accessible wifi.

I would bridge wlan1 to br-lan since most of the tools on the pineapple are sniffing br-lan, use WM's module networkmanager for all this

i understand bridging the connections, but as i stated, connecting the antenna alone has been a problem, as iwconfig is not a cmd subset within the pineapple. i can pass the connection through easily if i can get my alfa to connect to an existing access point first. i thought there was an existing limitation that i was unaware of....