Moderator...

PoyBoy

I know this is one of the oldest and stupidest questions there is, but what should I do to help my chances of becoming a moderator? Of course posting a lot and adding in an intellegent to the forum is a must. I think I speak for a lot of people in asking this question.

Serious answers only please.

While I'm not 100% sure why darren made me a moderator, I think it comes down to being as fair and trust worthy as possible, avoiding flaming people (or any kind of public lynching for what you consider to be ignorance or idiocy) and not asking to be a mod. I've always tried to see both sides of a situation, and only use the moderation powers as a last call and hopefully the community will moderate its self (like this forum does 99% of the time).

I've been using forums etc since the 90's and this is the first place i've ever been asked if I wanted it. My main task is to clear spam tbh, so its really not that glamorous. So, if you want to be a moderator, just try and be reasonable, fair and a generally nice person. Exactly like you would in real life if you wanted a job that requires an element of trust on your part.

I dont really have much wiki experience aside from casual wiki using, but when I take the time, I am very good at phrasing things, editing and keeping the wiki neutral. I'd be happy to do it, but im not asking you :wink:

Welcome 8)

Do you want the "About" page moved there as well, or is it complete enough to keep it official? I really think there should be a cast/ crew page, but I don't know if it should be broken away from "About" since it could be quite large.

About page should move to the wiki, and cast should each have their own pages with links to their blogs, emails, myspaces, wikipedia articles, etc. I can provide bios for hak5 alumni

Oh, and guests should get some links in there too. Rob Fuller (Mubix, www.mubix.com), Limin Li (LmL, www.dj-liminli.net), Jenn Cutter (www.openalpha.tv), Frank Linhares (www.techphile.ca)