Corrupt downloads in XP home

PoyBoy

I have a perfectly legally purchased XP Home install, and since I reinstalled the OS and drivers, almost all of my downloads are "corrupt" and therefore dont work. Google couldn't help me. Any suggestions?

Could be your hard drive. Run some harddrive probes that were included in XP for discovering problems. Also some hdd manufacturers have utilites as well.

Also I hope that you don't own an OEM edition of XP, if you do then you've just pirated XP.

You can reinstall OEM versions of windows as many times as you want on the same computer, just that after the 5th (or so) time you have to call Microsoft to do it. You can change any hardware except the motherboard for it to count as the same computer btw.

ya, i have the oem version. I think my HD is fine as I have had about three-four fresh windows installs from the smae disk over six months, and this only started after the latest OS reinstall.

What sort of program do you recommend for HD probing?

You can reinstall OEM versions of windows as many times as you want on the same computer, just that after the 5th (or so) time you have to call Microsoft to do it. You can change any hardware except the motherboard for it to count as the same computer btw.

You can't OEM license allows you use that license once, so if you have to re-activate it again, microsoft can refuse you. Thats why you'll need to phone them up to get it activate if you want to go about the legitmate way.

Also you can't change vast amounts of the hardware, XP gives values to pieces of hardware and if they change then that value is added to a counter, when that reaches a certain level then you have to re-activate, which with OEM means a new license. In retail licenses this is removed.

That seems re-cock-ulous. MicroShaft shouldn't refuse to activate your OEM version again and again. What happens when you need to do it? If they wont let you reactivate, fuck them, just break the WPA logon. The bastards shouldnt restrict the number of times you can reinstall.

Thats my stand anyway