Rotten Pineapple?

Hey, I purchased Jasager a while ago, and after looking through the forums, I realize that this is a little bit out of my league. If someone could give me links to better understand exactly what I'm doing here, or explain things in detail (I've already read digininja's "Dhcp Client, Dhcp Server, Static Ip And Subnets" and subnets post) I would be very, very appreciative! At present my problem (other than my not knowing what I'm doing, at this point) is that when I connect to Jasager, I haven't access to the internet. I'm guessing this is because I didn't set a dhcp server for it to redirect to (After all, it can't very well be a router without a host, now can it?), but when I attempt to change this to a dhcp (using X-WRT, which I'm assuming is the correct interface), and it asks for some information or other, I become lost.

I have. It's very confusing. The one that I have has been purchased directly from the hak5 shop. Perhaps, if I knew exactly where to start in the guide (I'm assuming, since it says it comes with the firmware installed that I don't need to start there) I'd be fine. I'm really just worried that I'll change something that's previously been done.

Okay, after searching through the forum more, and reading more on the UPDATED setup guide, I am still unsure as to what I'm meant to do. I'm guessing I just use this script,

CODE

echo 1 | sudo tee /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward > /dev/null

sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 64123

sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

sudo ifconfig eth1 172.20.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

sudo dhclient eth0

python sslstrip-0.7/sslstrip.py -l 64123 -f sslstrip-0.7/lock.ico

But I have no idea about how to use it, or what it's used for. I would really appreciate an explanation on the device itself, (i watched episode and get the logic), as well as setting it up, but NOT from a virgin fon. only jasager.

That is a linux script, with that person's specific IP scheme. And SSL Strip.

You need to have a pretty good understanding on how networking functions to properly setup the pineapple to work in your configuration. If you do not understand a part in the setup guide (updated one) i urge you to learn that topic.

As I say to everyone who asks questions like this, Jasager isn't for the networking beginner. You need to get yourself a good grounding in networking before you can use it to its potential.

I'd suggest getting your skills up on basic networking, routing, subnets, internet connection sharing and that kind of thing. I'd suggest also getting a basic knowledge of linux so you can understand the scripts and setup guides better.