Command Center

astromech_kuhns

so, i was watching live free or die hard for the first time yesterday, and after the movie my dad got up and jokingly said, "so wheres your command center?"

it got me thinking, i should have a "command center"

as of now, post pics of your "command center" (place your computers are) here so we can see your setup! and maybe work on a really cool command center set up as i do mine, be sure to post pics of progress to!

and im going to be working on setting up my own little command center, ill post pics of my progress as i get it, but i have a nice piece of furniture that will work nicely to hold everything.

so lets see what you got for a command center and ill start working on mine! (just recently tore it down because i got a laptop and used my desktop as a server...)

and the piece of furniture i was talking about...

PICT0086.jpg

PICT0083.jpg

Edited by astromech_kuhns

I always wanted to have a command center, maybe similar to the one from Die Hard 4.

But the problem is I don't have enough room in my house, to build such a thing.

At the moment, all I have is a single 23 inches screen attached to a 3 year old, $6000 dollars computer, with an external hard drive almost full.

My internet plan I have upgraded to a SOHO60GB, that should give me a slightly increase in upload speed to 250KB/s.

I always wanted to have a command center, maybe similar to the one from Die Hard 4.

At the moment, all I have is a single 23 inches screen attached to a 3 year old, $6000 dollars computer, with an external hard drive almost full.

My internet plan I have upgraded to a SOHO60GB, that should give me a slightly increase in upload speed to 250KB/s.

250KB/s?!

This is what I got the other day in the dorms.

1042719429.png

I probably get about less than half that back home...

yeah it will be money which is why it will be a slower processes but it will be fun! two and possibly three monitors across the tops. tv's or nice monitors in the two middle cabinets, computer in center bottom, server in left bottom, and networking/computer accessories in right bottom...

yeah it will be money which is why it will be a slower processes but it will be fun! two and possibly three monitors across the tops. tv's or nice monitors in the two middle cabinets, computer in center bottom, server in left bottom, and networking/computer accessories in right bottom...

Money will definitely be the issue for some. That even remind me of when I was building my computer, it took me more than 2 or 2.5 months to build it, since I had to buy bits by bits and then have to wait for them to arrive.

I could've put together within a week or so, but I am too cheap and wasn't really willing to blow $6000.00 dollars at once.

250KB/s?!

This is what I got the other day in the dorms.

1042719429.png

I probably get about less than half that back home...

This plan that I am switching over to, its a brand new plan, that was just introduced by my ISP recently.

Furthermore in order to upgrade to this plan, your modem must support Annex m, which I was pretty lucky to have on my modem, didn't really feel like buying another one.

well i have a room dedicated to pc ( use it for lan'ing most of the time), but mine looks like a junk yard

Not a bad a idea, I will probably have a whole room dedicated for all the equipments.

I don't want to mess around with wires across the house.

This Google link should give a general idea of what a commend center looks like or more or less.

Edit: Sorry forgot about the link:

http://www.google.com.au/images?hl=en&expIds=17259,17315,23628,25041,26761,26849,26869,27213,27520,27585,27744&xhr=t&q=command+centre&cp=10&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=461

Edited by Infiltrator

Does this count? If so yes, yes I do.

100_1776.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Not that I have have used it in over a year, had a break from the whole I.T thing and was doing multimedia/graphic design studies and freelance work. Now that I am finally finished and miss the whole I.T gig I suspect I will have to clean that room of mine and setup shop once again. XD But damn Im like ubber rusty. =O

Here is another that belongs to a friend of mine, he has made some substantial upgrades since but I am yet to take happy snaps.

Picture019-1.jpg

NERDGASIM'S A GO!

Been lurking the forums again (it has been sometime) good to see some of the old regulars floating about and posting away.

Hmmm Infiltrator, I believe I have seen that name around the Ausphreak boards. XD

Edited by shonen

Does this count? If so yes, yes I do.

100_1776.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Not that I have have used it in over a year, had a break from the whole I.T thing and was doing multimedia/graphic design studies and freelance work. Now that I am finally finished and miss the whole I.T gig I suspect I will have to clean that room of mine and setup shop once again. XD But damn Im like ubber rusty. =O

Here is another that belongs to a friend of mine, he has made some substantial upgrades since but I am yet to take happy snaps.

Picture019-1.jpg

NERDGASIM'S A GO!

Been lurking the forums again (it has been sometime) good to see some of the old regulars floating about and posting away.

Hmmm Infiltrator, I believe I have seen that name around the Ausphreak boards. XD

Must be someone else, I only lurk around mainly in the Hak5 and GovernmentSec forums.

yaeh thats a command center. nice one to!

okay so got some work done:

PICT0094.jpg

server put in there

PICT0096.jpg

fit in and closed just fine

PICT0100.jpg

damn windows problems...

PICT0109.jpg

added the hole for my networking equipment and firewall box.

PICT0116.jpg

added hole for server

PICT0120.jpg

monitor for my server set up.

PICT0123.jpg

added networking equipment

PICT0129.jpg

storage for extra hardware/accessories.

thats about all for now. hope more coming soon!