Hak.5 is educating people!

Aupajo

Hi guys,

I know I haven't posted here in a long time, been really busy this year with school.

I just want to say that last Wednesday I taught my first class, the Class of 1337, at my school. In part, it was an idea sparked partly by Hak.5, and so the first lesson was about IPTV. It was so sweet! I showed some Pure Pwnage, some Broken, some From the Shadows and of course Hak.5 (the PSP hack in ep 9, to be specific).

I just wanted to say, thanks for making such a great show - some of what you do is now being passed down in my class.

You guys rock!

In my opinion the lack of drinking on camera, and more educational step, is a little bit of reassurance that Hak.5 wont go down the drain like Attack of the Show! Which started out as The Screen Savers, (Awesome show, by the way) than G4 bought Tech TV and turned that into Attack of the Show! Which was good at first, though it had drifted from to tech to more video-games. After the departure of Brendan Moran and Sarah Lane then show went to hell. No disscussions on tech, a few rare segments on video games, and alot "pop culture" subjects. Seriously, do we need an "In your pants" segment?

Oh well, still getting "Call for Help" up in here in Canada. Along with a few other awesome tech shows.

That is awesome. We've kept this in mind with season two and will no longer be drinking on camera (but trust me there's plenty off camera). That way it's more viable as educational videos.

but the drinking makes it so entertaining, because as you drink you get funnier to watch :P

and how are you going to explain packet overflow?

That is awesome. We've kept this in mind with season two and will no longer be drinking on camera (but trust me there's plenty off camera). That way it's more viable as educational videos.

but the drinking makes it so entertaining, because as you drink you get funnier to watch :P

Haha, that was interesting, and entertaining. Especially the bloopers, "From a hacker's point of view, our objective is to..."

That Packet overflow, in my oppinion, is the single funniest thing Hak5 has ever done.

That being said, I'm glad to see you guys are taking steps in the right direction.

Hello guys, i didn't want to open a new thread. But i can say this show is cool for french geeks like so I can train my ears without need to listen at the BBC boring news. Hak.5 also teach English with awesome stuff !

Thanks men :).

Thank you for the welcome message. I'll do some buzz around this show. In September i'll be in a geek-cursus : "communicating systems engineering". I hope i'll find some hacky tricks and send it ther ;) .

hak.5 forums also improve my english skills, because i took around 5minutes to write 2 lines, i'm ashamed :oops: