Just to ask, how many are interested  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be there?

• Yes! Count me in!
    • Maybe.. Dunno if I will have time
    • Not Interested
    • WTF is Android again?

Hey everyone! How is it going?

I wanted to invite all of you but especially all you Android owners to a little event we at the xda-developers Hero forum are holding tomorrow:

p2hro2010.png

Links:

xda-developers WebOS to HTC Hero Thread

Live Stream tomorrow

Freenode irc chat

#webosport

This is a collaboration to get WebOs ported to the HTC Hero, which in turn will enable us to port it to any Android device.

You may be wondering why we would want to do such a thing. It's really just for the point of doing it, and the option to choose a different phone operating system if we so choose. It has nothing to do with weather WebOs is better than Android.

Many have reaped the benefits of Android on other non-native Android devices, however Android specific devices have yet to have a fully ported O.S. with the exception of Debian.

If you have time just come and hang out! If you have questions, we will be more than willing to answer them, and we are looking for a few good linux gurus to help us in our project. We have a built kernel to use, and we are currently working to set up a dual boot system on the hero to bounce the bootloader into mounted ext3 partitions from the memory card to house the install (because webos is much larger than an average Android ROM)

I am sure as well a lot of you are wondering why we would do this because it's inevitable that we will receive a C&D (Cease and Desist) from HP, however we have already made the main page of a few geek news related websites, and interest is building. So far we have gotten farther than anyone has in this project and have yet to receive any feedback from HP. We believe it is because HP is looking to open source (or at least outsource) WebOs in the near future to try to compete with Android.

Not looking for flames btw, and if no one wants it then just bury the thread, but I am really hoping some of you could attend.

Thank you in advance.