Question

Logic

Hey.

I Was Watching A Tv Show Earlier Today, And They Used A Usb Flash Drive That When You Put Into A Computer It Copy's The Whole Drive Into The Usb, Is Their A Way To Make This Possible, I Tried Searching It On Google But I Came Up Empty, I Would think it would have to be a pretty big flash drive in oder to do this.

USB HDD, but not thumb drive, unless the systems drive was smaller than like 32 or 64GB

Edited by digip

Are you sure the person who did this, didn't specify what files he wanted to copy. Like for instance, excel documents, word documents, pdf and so on.

That would be possible but coping the whole system and files would require a HDD instead.

In addition if you want to do such thing, you could write a batch script and then use an autorun file to execute the script.

Edited by Infiltrator

alright let's say where using a Portable Hard Drive how could we make it copy everything from the computers drive to the portable HDD

You could use imaging software to copy the entire drive and then mount it at home.

• 3 months later...

the smallest thing you are looking at would be an ssd (heres a 256gb one here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820609379&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4169666&SID=1tmwy12mb0yev ) and a usb cable for it. Even at that your not going to get anywhere near as small as a usb drive to coppy a harddrive.

as stated you can create a batch script and an autorun and shove it on a 128gb flash drive (Expensive as hell) and you will struggle to coppy most peoples harddrives with that. it will also take a while to copy a decent sized harddrive to flashdrive. You would be better off with an autorun + some sort of file stealing .exe that would upload all their files to a ftp account so you are less likely to get caught sitting at someones computer waiting for the files to xfer and if u get caught with the autorun on ur pendrive just be like wtf i have a virus on my pendrive... how'd that get there sorta thing.

• 3 months later...

He probably specified a certain directory that he wanted to copy, such as the User Folder (My Documents, etc)

I don't know about you guys but I don't have more than 32gb in my User Folder. (Then again I don't have alot of pictures.)

Autorun batch script?

Its a autorun.inf file on a usb driver that when the usb drive is connected it would run the autorun.inf (Much like a CD when your installing a game)

The autorun.inf would list the batch script as the first thing to run and then it (the batch script) would run and go through the script that you wrote.

Allowing you to do anything from copying files to deleting the System32 file (If you have administrative access, ergo the user could think it was something else and run it as administrator cause you created a readme of some sort and set up a legit looking directory :D).

Its very easy to do.

-Remotesh

He probably specified a certain directory that he wanted to copy, such as the User Folder (My Documents, etc)

I don't know about you guys but I don't have more than 32gb in my User Folder. (Then again I don't have alot of pictures.)

Its a autorun.inf file on a usb driver that when the usb drive is connected it would run the autorun.inf (Much like a CD when your installing a game)

The autorun.inf would list the batch script as the first thing to run and then it (the batch script) would run and go through the script that you wrote.

Allowing you to do anything from copying files to deleting the System32 file (If you have administrative access, ergo the user could think it was something else and run it as administrator cause you created a readme of some sort and set up a legit looking directory :D).

Its very easy to do.

-Remotesh

Sorry, I didn't read all the posts and was suggesting that that was a possibility.