What Phone Should I Have?

gcninja

So I know this is popular and all but I just want an opinion on this situation. I currently have an Iphone 3G, I got for free a year and some months ago that my father found (and turned in). Its been good, but I was looking at a new phone. I really wanted the iphone 4 (as money on apps and all but I think I got my moneys worth out of them) but the restrictions on it are a pain. So what do you suggest? heres the thing;

I'm on ATT

I need a camera, good quality and if possible video

I was hoping for either android or windows mobile as i know the app selection is good

Under 250 if possible

the last thing is customization, the one thing I hate about the iphone, I WANT my own ringtones! For voicemail, each contact, new message, new mail, etc.

I'm going to find some links for phones I like but for some reason, I can't post links or ANYTHING in this box. I'm basically typing blindly

(plox fix this)

I have a similar story to yours, I had an iPhone 3G however there was a twist... I could get out of my contract no problem... I couldn't stand AT&T's customer service or their poor cellular service...

my solution? I went to Verizon and got myself a HTC Incredible and LOVE IT! I have yet to find something I cannot do with it besides blend in with the trendy apple folk.

Verizon's plans are a little pricey but I like the phone selection and the service is waaaay better than what I had with AT&T

that said I'd look @ the phones with other carriers if you can, Sprint and Verizon have a great selection of Android devices imo so I'd check them out if you are able and willing.

If you're sticking with AT&Terrible, I would consider the Pre Plus as well. I've had my Pre for a year now and I have to say, I love it. I love it so much that even when I see all these new VZ phones on the TV, not once have I been envious. It took me a week to get to like it because of how different it is, but soon after that I found everything I was doing on my pre would just flow. The only downside is that every iphone/ipod I pick up now, I start swiping my fingers along the bottom of the phone to the left and right of the home button, and then wondering why nothing happened!

I do have to give the iphone 4 props for it's super-crisp display.

PS If you're looking to jump carriers, sprint is the only carrier of the big 3 to not use a tiered data pricing plan. I don't know how long that will last, but if you use a decent amount of data a month, Sprint's plans will save you a boatload of cash.

Also, look out for the Palm Pre 2, coming to verizon(and possibly other US carriers) this november!

Edited by eovnu87435ds

I wouldn't go with Verizon. Ask me 2-3 months ago and I would've said sure (I had wanted the Droid X), but now that they've dropped their unlimited plan and continue to charge customers the same high priced rate I look at them differently now. Sure they've got nice phones, but theres others that can compete.

Besides Sprint, T-Mobile's also got an unlimited data option. $30 a month for my Vibrant. Worth it because I've got Wireless Tether installed so I might consider even dropping my home connection if I had to (it runs pretty decently even though its only 3G). Samsung's Galaxy S line is truly a nice line of phones. My Vibrant not having a keyboard or anything to make it bulky almost makes it look just like an iPhone (if not better).

Only complaint is Samsung hasn't put out the 2.2 update for us in the states yet. I'm not the type to flash an entire new ROM on my phone, I just want the performance boost and flash video capability 2.2 well provide, and I would like it before Google comes out with 2.9 or 3.0. I just got the phone and I fell like I'm playing catch up with the Droid phones on Verizon.

WOW i came back to this?

Actually, I was looking at verizon, as where i work I get no service from the tower a mile a while on ATT. I called to see what it would be to cancel now and altogether itd be 210, ive been weighing options because i want the droid X(or 2) and the rate plans would be the same as I pay now so its not biggy. But while talking to att the guy "james" transferred me to some american dude who said theyd be turning on a tower here but doesnt know when, so i'm still indecisive..

I'll take another look at the palm pre but that droid is beautiful.

I am in the same boat, dad renewed contract with sprint and he picked the phone out for me without telling me it is a samsung seek i think, has touchscreen with fold down qwerty keyboard which I like better then only using the screen to type.. but it does not have droid. I am really interested in creating my own droid apps and trying them out on my phone, and also want built in wi-fi because i do not have money for the 4G data plan. I am looking at the HTV Evo 4G and the Samsung epic 4g, it is expensive for the phone but end the long run will be worth the money imo. decisions, decisions..

So I know this is popular and all but I just want an opinion on this situation. I currently have an Iphone 3G, I got for free a year and some months ago that my father found (and turned in). Its been good, but I was looking at a new phone. I really wanted the iphone 4 (as money on apps and all but I think I got my moneys worth out of them) but the restrictions on it are a pain. So what do you suggest? heres the thing;

I'm on ATT

I need a camera, good quality and if possible video

I was hoping for either android or windows mobile as i know the app selection is good

Under 250 if possible

the last thing is customization, the one thing I hate about the iphone, I WANT my own ringtones! For voicemail, each contact, new message, new mail, etc.

I'm going to find some links for phones I like but for some reason, I can't post links or ANYTHING in this box. I'm basically typing blindly

(plox fix this)

I ditched my iPhone and bought a Samsung Captivate and I love it. Its expensive to buy it out right, but I got a deal from Samsung since I was an iPhone customer and paid $50 with contract and I still get to keep my Unlimited Data plan, woot!