Email Archiving Software.

psydT0ne

Hey,

I've posted a few questions recently and I can always rely of you guys for your straight answers and knowledge.

Here's my problem.

We have close to 1000 mail boxes at the local government office where I work.

On average these mail boxes have around a 1gig size.

Others have a higher than average mail box size with some users tipping the scales at 15gig!

Of course the main issue here is the attachments on the emails that people receive and send on, bloating their mail boxes.

Their using it as a file repository.

It's ridiculous.

We are soon migrating the majority of our users from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 and we need these users to meet the new exchange size limitations that the systems admin want to enforce, that being around 750mb.

I've been charged with finding a solution.

My requirements are primarily that the archiving software will be able to strip attachments from the email its archiving and store these attachments to a central storage server and provide links to these files in the emails.

Essentially a dedupe of existing email.

Secondly a nice feature would be to have this software also handle this feature on "live" inbound and outbound email, storing attachments on a server and linking to them.

From what I can see from what I've researched so far, email archiving software has fairly common traits from one to the next.

I'm open to a program being able to perform this function in a stand alone capacity, separately from an email archiving program.

I'd prefer open source however I can secure fundage for licenced software if need be.

If you guys can help with any suggestions you may have or software that your company is using, please respond

Cheers,

M

Edited by Mnemonic

Hey,

I've posted a few questions recently and I can always rely of you guys for your straight answers and knowledge.

Here's my problem.

We have close to 1000 mail boxes at the local government office where I work.

On average these mail boxes have around a 1gig size.

Others have a higher than average mail box size with some users tipping the scales at 15gig!

Of course the main issue here is the attachments on the emails that people receive and send on, bloating their mail boxes.

Their using it as a file repository.

It's ridiculous.

We are soon migrating the majority of our users from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 and we need these users to meet the new exchange size limitations that the systems admin want to enforce, that being around 750mb.

I've been charged with finding a solution.

My requirements are primarily that the archiving software will be able to strip attachments from the email its archiving and store these attachments to a central storage server and provide links to these files in the emails.

Essentially a dedupe of existing email.

Secondly a nice feature would be to have this software also handle this feature on "live" inbound and outbound email, storing attachments on a server and linking to them.

From what I can see from what I've researched so far, email archiving software has fairly common traits from one to the next.

I'm open to a program being able to perform this function in a stand alone capacity, separately from an email archiving program.

I'd prefer open source however I can secure fundage for licenced software if need be.

If you guys can help with any suggestions you may have or software that your company is using, please respond

Cheers,

M

Hi Mnemonic,

I have just seen your message and think this is something I can help you remedy.

I work for a company called Cryoserver who make an email archiving solution which does exactly what you want your program to do. We can help rectify your storage problems as well as making your email repository easy to navigate through and simple to search. We have the ability to de-duplicate emails thus saving on storage, as well as creating email stubs to elevate your mail server storage burden. Also, we can move save your current repository and allow that to be easily searched.

If you wish for me to pass on more details please either PM me on here or email me on jclayton@cryoserver.com and I will show you what we can do.

Many thanks,

James