How To Redirect Websites Using The Hosts File (jasager)?

So I want to redirect certain websites to who ever is connected to Wifi Pineapple v.2

I've done it locally(PC) so that whenever I go to (for example) yahoo it redirects to google. I imagine I can use the hosts file under etc/hosts

This is my attempt:(74.125.19.99 is google)

127.0.0.1 localhost.
74.125.19.99 www.yahoo.com

Saved Changes>Apply Changes>Reboot

Then I went to the targeted pc and tried going to yahoo but it did not redirected to google.

The question is what am I doing wrong?

Also is there any guide on how to change images through Jasager?

How could I intercept an image passing through my computer and sending a different one through Jasager?

Any help is appreciated.

You've actually edited the local host file in your computer, so that will only effect your computer, that won't effect anyone else who connects to the Jasager.

You've actually edited the local host file in your computer, so that will only effect your computer, that won't effect anyone else who connects to the Jasager.

I did actually edit the file on the router. I used X-WRT(webif^2).

System>File Editor>etc>hosts

I just gave the PC host file edit as an example.

Any suggestions?

You need to edit/create /etc/dnsmasq.conf, similar to the Rickroll Jasager.

# is a wildcard for all sites AFAIK, so #.yahoo.com or *.yahoo.com should work.

I tried it and created the file dnsmasq.conf under etc. It looks at follows:

address=/#.yahoo.com/74.125.19.99

After reboot I tried it on victim computer and didn't work so then I removed the wildcard and

left the file as follows:

address=/yahoo.com/74.125.19.99

Didn't work either.

Quick, possibly inappropriate answer, use my Metasploit DNS MITM server, point all your clients at that by modifying the DNS server you give out through your DHCP server then you can control all the DNS results you give out.

MITM should definitely pull the attack.

I'll give it a try later tonight(MITM).

I had another question. My home router is on the 10. range, my school's ip is also on the 10. range (and they also have the dhcp ip in 172. range). My question is which ip range should I have my Jasager on? So what other ip's can I use?

192.168/16 sounds like it's still available.

If i use 192.168/16 it gives me an "ip conflict" error. I could use this one but I am not able to share the internet

from my wifi to the lan. That is why I don't use this one.

At home I setup my router to be on the 10 range, so then I used the 172 range on Jasager and It worked perfectly(If I assign 192 range it won't work not even at home), however I can't use this one because it conflicts with my school's ip.

Is there a way I can resolve the "ip conflict" error? or is there any other ip ranges I could use?