Game Hosting Home Server

HaVoK-69

I was wondering if it was possible to run something like a Windows Home Server or similar to host games installed onto the server to be remotely accessed throughout the house to play on a desktop or laptop without it installed. Also I was curious if this would take away preformance from the game in question and better running games the traditional way. The idea came from running out of HDD space on my storage drive and contemplating various rig upgrades. Let me know your input

You will definitely experience some performance issues when playing the game remotely. Yes it can be done but performance will be the issue. what you can do is buy another hdd drive and install in your computer, without having to deploy server or any expensive gear.

Hope this answers your question.

Another issue will be how the game handles mouse input, as some games force the mouse to be in a particular position at all times, remote viewing software will ignore such a requirement.

Also, your only hope of this working is to not use Windows remote desktop as it bypasses the use of the graphics card, then you just have to hope what ever remote viewing software you use has a high enough frame rate.

Also, your only hope of this working is to not use Windows remote desktop as it bypasses the use of the graphics card, then you just have to hope what ever remote viewing software you use has a high enough frame rate.

That's one of the issues with remote viewing it doesn't have a very good frame rate, when it comes to viewing graphics that demands high resolution.

Edited by Infiltrator