Tron: Evolution

okiwan

yep. i just pre-ordered the collectors edition for $130 of the most epic game in history. comes out dec. 7th. new movie comes out 10 days later.

TRON: Evolution is an immersive third person action-adventure game that pulls the player into the unique digital world of TRON. Gamers explore TRON's cities using the free running phenomenon Parkour, navigate among unique rebel factions, and fight an epic battle against a dictator's seemingly unstoppable army in the prequel story to the highly anticipated film, TRON: Legacy. TRON: Evolution Collector's Edition includes: Exclusive TRON light cycle collectible, Light Cycle is based on the in-game model from TRON: Evolution, Created by renowned specialty manufacturer, Sideshow Collectibles, Premium TRON styled protective casing, Features a drawer for the game, Available for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

81Ou3NvWYIL._AA1500_.jpg

Edited by okiwan

I'm buying it too, but the camera controls look a little buggy

might not have been a final version they were demoing.

honestly i dont really think its gonna be the most epic game ever. but im a big fan of tron, so to me, being able to throw light disks at other programs, an ride the light cycles (with good graphics) is going to be like a dream come true. i just hope you can drive the tanks in the game ie: space paranoids. i heard in an interview that certain parts in the story you will enter a "game" and be connected to play online. once the match is over you return to the story. which is pretty cool making it seem more like the movie, having to play other people.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can tell, it's an RPG... not an MMO, am I right? It's amazing how many platforms it's being released on: "[...]will be released for the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Wii and Nintendo DS platforms"

From what I can tell, it's an RPG... not an MMO, am I right? It's amazing how many platforms it's being released on: "[...]will be released for the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Wii and Nintendo DS platforms"

ya its not an MMO. but there will be online interaction. i dont know if there will be a whole separate multiplayer though.

i think its being release on so many platforms because disney is making it, an they have allot of money. or at least their making the movie, i donno if they have anything to do with the game, but the disney name will probably still be on it.

TRON: Evolution features free running mobility, martial arts inspired light disc combat and thrilling light cycle chases. Gamers will also be able to seamlessly connect from single player story mode into 10 person multiplayer battles in the prequel story to the highly anticipated film, TRON: Legacy, in theaters December 17. TRON: Evolution – Battle Grids, coming out the same day and created specially for the Nintendo Wii, will allow gamers to battle, race, and play arcade combat games to become the ultimate Grid Games Champion!

edit:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/21...lution-preview/

watch this video. game looks 100 times cooler now. cant wait.

Edited by okiwan

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching the first movie of Tron last night. Can't wait for The Legacy to come out at the cinemas.

I asked my mom for the Tron game super awesome edition with Light Cycle!! I hope I get it :D

I asked my mom for the Tron game super awesome edition with Light Cycle!! I hope I get it :D

Are you kidding me, you asked your mom? You funny!

Hey man, Christmas is coming up! I turn into a kid again!

Hey man, Christmas is coming up! I turn into a kid again!

That reminds me of when I was still in my childhood, i used to gain lots of presents.

But now I just buy my own stuffs. I like expensive things.

Edited by Infiltrator

As much as I loved the first film, I have a sneaky suspicion the new film is going to suck. It looks beautiful but that doesn't mean the movie itself will be. Guess I'll have to wait till I see it to make final judgment, but I'm nervous about how they will either uplift or kill the story.

As much as I loved the first film, I have a sneaky suspicion the new film is going to suck. It looks beautiful but that doesn't mean the movie itself will be. Guess I'll have to wait till I see it to make final judgment, but I'm nervous about how they will either uplift or kill the story.

I kind of have the same opinion. But I will wait for the film to come out first, before making final judgement, like you said.

But have to say, that the graphics does look awesome.

Edited by Infiltrator

• 3 months later...

Going to buying that for my nephew for this upcoming Christmas. Who knows I might be playing it more myself! :lol: Really liking the look of it. Thanks to all for posting the links. :)