Ipv6 Tunneling

Jamo

Hi

In last hak5 episode 8x10 they talked about IPv6 and using it to go through firewalls and NAT. So can I configure my ubuntu and apache2 to use ipv4 and ipv6. So I could have my web server running with no port forwarding (IPv6)?

Second question, could I somehow use IPv6 to get trough my schools firewall and network limits, they block all the ports I need; 22, 53, all vpn ports. They allow only 80 443 afaik.

Second question, could I somehow use IPv6 to get trough my schools firewall and network limits, they block all the ports I need; 22, 53, all vpn ports. They allow only 80 443 afaik.

The answer to your 2sd question is very simple, even though your school blocks 22, 53. You can still use SSH, you will need to change the default port in the SSH Config file to port 443, that should allow you to connect to your SSH server from your school network.

Edit: Now for you first question, I found this apache article that may answer your question: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/bind.html

Edited by Infiltrator

The answer to your 2sd question is very simple, even though your school blocks 22, 53. You can still use SSH, you will need to change the default port in the SSH Config file to port 443, that should allow you to connect to your SSH server from your school network.

Well yes, Iv once done that, but I also have apace server running on my computer, and I use it as a proxy with ssl so port 443 is not free. Could I use port 80 for ssh

Well yes, Iv once done that, but I also have apace server running on my computer, and I use it as a proxy with ssl so port 443 is not free. Could I use port 80 for ssh

You should be able to change the SSH default port to 80, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

BTW is it possible to set 2 SSH default ports? (22, 80)

You could have two instances of the SSH server running at different ports, if that's what you want, but having two ports running on the same instance at the same time, I am not sure if that's possible since I haven't tried.

What about port binding? (I think that's what it's called) I remember and episode I believe it was season 6, where Darren used a nifty tool to establish a connection outbound on a default port and the receiving box accepted the connection on a random or custom set port.

If I remember right he made and ssh or telnet connection outbound on 80 and accepted on 22.

What about port binding? (I think that's what it's called) I remember and episode I believe it was season 6, where Darren used a nifty tool to establish a connection outbound on a default port and the receiving box accepted the connection on a random or custom set port.

If I remember right he made and ssh or telnet connection outbound on 80 and accepted on 22.

I can't remember that one, do you know what episode it was, I might have to watch to see.

Are you sure he didn't use dynamic sockets in Putty?

It was episode 5x12 and the tool was called rinetd. I need to watch this ep again myself.

Thanks dude will watch it tonight.