Creating Hover Effect In Html From Visio Diagram Or Jpeg File

h4x0r

Hi All,

I'd like to know if it is possible to achieve this scenario for my web design,

I've got company ITIL diagram that I'd like to make it show the hyperlink to a file download for each respective box (mouse hover / over effect) should I create a HTML table for this or create image mappings from the VISIO diagram .vsd file ?

Overview_continual_service_improvement_c

basically what I want is when the mouse is hovering the box, it displays the DIV list of links on top of the diagram only

Does anyone know how to achieve this ?

Thanks

Hi All,

I'd like to know if it is possible to achieve this scenario for my web design,

I've got company ITIL diagram that I'd like to make it show the hyperlink to a file download for each respective box (mouse hover / over effect) should I create a HTML table for this or create image mappings from the VISIO diagram .vsd file ?

Overview_continual_service_improvement_c

basically what I want is when the mouse is hovering the box, it displays the DIV list of links on top of the diagram only

Does anyone know how to achieve this ?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I dont quite understand. You want to have that diagram on your webpage and have each of the boxes in it be clickable? If I were doing that I think the easiest way would be to make several invisible AP objects (divs/anything really) and give them onclick commands. That is just my first thought and is most likely not the most efficient/best practices approach. Just what I would consider to be the easiest.

Its certainly possible, just depends on the way you want it Delivered. Javascript could do onmouseover, while jquery could make things look really slick but people would need to have javascript on. I personally would do it in xhtml/css with css object:hover events. Doing it in xhtml and css means they don't need to have javascript turned on nor any plugins to work, but would take a long time to code and align everything how you want. Thats one instance where DreamWeaver would come in handy for its visual editor, but I would still probably code it by hand.

The best solution though, or at least best looking and easy to create, would probably be to use flash. Flash would be more dynamic and be able to keep the look of the original chart with minimal effort while saving time. The only problem with that is Flash(the creation program, not plugin) isn't free and again, people will need to have the Flash plugin enabled or installed to see it.