October Desktops

wh1t3 and n3rdy

its just a matter of preference. though myself i prefer gnome. but i wouldn't say KDE is the WORST desktop environment out there. its been around for ever like gnome. look at all the failed DE's like all those ones that used to be on mandrake.

Edited by okiwan

I am a long time hater of KDE, but recently copped some flack because I bag the shit out of it but haven't used it for ages so in order to shut up the whingers I decided to give it a spin. It's only my laptop that is used for nothing more than web browsing and irssi so it's not that big of an issue. I will probably go to fluxbox or if desperate back to Gnome. Don't fret, I am not an advocate of KDE by any stretch.

My arch linux is still toast, but I still have windows 7 for games. The virtual machine is for downloads and torrents.

1.jpg

Also, the mac mini is gone, and I'm now using a windows box with synergy+

Works great with games, tap a button and I'm on the other screen without anything getting minimised :D

2.jpg

Room is messy this month.. :rolleyes:

IMAGE_003.jpg

that sentence doesn't make sense. :P

i found vista in an old laptop box i'd put up the loft ... n my xp install was in need of clearing down ... still cant afford 7 yet, ... next purchase is gt5 tehe :)

Does it come with openbox? Haven't used it before, but have been thinking of trying it..

Arch doesn't even come with XOrg loaded. You have to install everything from the ground up and configure it yourself. I love Arch for that aspect though, it leads to me having a very lean system that runs exactly the way I want it.

Even better, I decided to go with fluxbox but I am reinstalling Arch first.

You strike me as someone who would love a tiled WM, have you ever tried one? On my arch setups I always run xmonad.

Edited by dr0p

Arch doesn't even come with XOrg loaded. You have to install everything from the ground up and configure it yourself. I love Arch for that aspect though, it leads to me having a very lean system that runs exactly the way I want it.

Umm.. I already know what arch is.. I was just asking about fluxbox.

I want that background u have of the mentors quote. i love that quote

My arch linux is still toast, but I still have windows 7 for games. The virtual machine is for downloads and torrents.

1.jpg

Also, the mac mini is gone, and I'm now using a windows box with synergy+

Works great with games, tap a button and I'm on the other screen without anything getting minimised :D

2.jpg

Room is messy this month.. :rolleyes:

IMAGE_003.jpg

This is my current wallpaper. Its based on the head from a .ico file I found on Icon Factory, and there wasn't any larger versions of the file or artwork, so I just recreated it in PhotoShop to make a wallpaper out of it.

happy-halloween-cats-2010.jpg