Is My Wifi Pineapple Working?

Im having trouble using jasager, I believe its working ok but im not sure.

on my laptop I am logged into the jasager web gui and karma is on,

but I dont see any fake AP's on my Mac or Iphone... can these OS's be used?

the only fake AP that I see on my other windows laptop is my home one, so I'm confussed as to why I dont see any other saved AP's (say my parents place which is in a different city)

Am I just being completely noob

Thanks

Helenclarko!

I've watched episode 403, I't shows darren and matt with an access point called prono which was connected to when darren was at pronobozos place in canada.

I have 3 AP's saved to my laptop which aren't being displayed on my windows network manager,

My mac and Iphone dont even see any AP's that are made by jasager.

Thanks

Helenclarko

I've watched episode 403, I't shows darren and matt with an access point called prono which was connected to when darren was at pronobozos place in canada.

I have 3 AP's saved to my laptop which aren't being displayed on my windows network manager,

Thanks

Helenclarko

The reason why it says prono is because 1) he is connected to it. 2) The Jasager said it was the prono network and windows accepted it.

You still are having issues with understanding what it does.

Do this: Make a new wireless access profile called "SLDKFJOIWEUFKLSDJF" make it an open no security network and have it auto connect. Turn on the Fon/Jasager/Pineapple and turn off then back on your wireless card on your laptop and it will auto connect to the network "SLDKFJOIWEUFKLSDJF" which doesn't exsist.

Watch a more recently done episode about Jasager.

http://www.hak5.org/store/wifi-pineapple

That and the Mark II http://www.hak5.org/store/wifi-pineapple-version-2

Watch the videos.

Edited by Mr-Protocol

Thanks

Helenclarko

Sounds like the 3 AP's you have saved require authentication.

Every time I've got one of my devices to connect to the pineapple the ssid associated was an open wifi network.

The reason why it says prono is because 1) he is connected to it. 2) The Jasager said it was the prono network and windows accepted it.

You still are having issues with understanding what it does.

Do this: Make a new wireless access profile called "SLDKFJOIWEUFKLSDJF" make it an open no security network and have it auto connect. Turn on the Fon/Jasager/Pineapple and turn off then back on your wireless card on your laptop and it will auto connect to the network "SLDKFJOIWEUFKLSDJF" which doesn't exsist.

Watch a more recently done episode about Jasager.

http://www.hak5.org/store/wifi-pineapple

That and the Mark II http://www.hak5.org/store/wifi-pineapple-version-2

Watch the videos.

Thats what I mean, I have 3 profiles set up already on my laptop, is the reason jasager doesnt make a network named one of the 3 profiles because my laptop isn't sending a probe for them?

Sounds like the 3 AP's you have saved require authentication.

Every time I've got one of my devices to connect to the pineapple the ssid associated was an open wifi network.

Ah thanks Petertfm

I was starting to think this might be the case, however I have had it recreate my WPA protected home network as an unprotected network... that only happened once, now it doesnt show any AP's at all.

I made a AP profile in windows named "test" which is unsecure, reset my network connection, but nothing came up with the name test.

Ok a couple things first is the computer connecting at all? like using a different SSID?

If you are using windows XP look for a connected SSID that is a random string and check the MAC address

windows XP is strange because when it is not connected to an AP it tries to connect to SSID's with random names

if Jasager is in BLACKLIST mode then it will spoof these strange SSID's

you can try putting jasager in WHITELIST mode and adding the SSID of test into the list

If you still can't get it to connect try going into the settings and check "connect even if this network is not broadcast"

This will surely work

Also note that if you are using IE then you will have problems IE for some reason doesnt update the status of the router the fix is to use Firefox

hope this helps let us know what happens