Hackers The Movie

Mr-Protocol

good insight whatever ...

im pretty new to hacking tbh but i've dived right in, i tried in the late 90's to get into it but my coding wasnt up to scratch and didnt understand a lot of what i read

now im picking up a lot more ... and have spent the last week watching 15gb of films didnt take much in, but watched a lot including hackers, operation take down and various other documentaries these are interesting but i find i learn more putting it to practice .... im very interested in war driving but have no laptop atm b/c i blew the graphics card up lol

learning how to hack is amazingly diverse subject and i had no idea who kevin mitnick was until last week

so go ahead and call me a n00b lol ;)

either way its not hackers 2 :D but that would be cool to see a revamped version for the 21st century

Edited by Trip

lol are you from america ?

in england if we've done something like visited NY we'd say 'been there and got the tshirt' its just a manner of speaking ie 'been there done that and got the tshirt' lol ;)

I am from America. People don't say that too much anymore though. Older folks might get it. I know I did :P

• 3 months later...
was hackers based on a true story?

No. The movie is not based on real events or people, just somewhat how the scene was portrayed back in the day and perceptions of legendary hacks. The movie is complete fiction though. Emmanuel Goldstein was consulted partly on how hackers band together for causes, etc, but the movie is in and of itself, just a Hollywood story.

Edited by digip