What Tech. Have You Bought Recently ?

Trip

Some iPhone users might get satisfaction from smashing them to bits ^_^

Never owned an Iphone before, I prefer owning a Nokia or Android.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never owned an Iphone before, I prefer owning a Nokia or Android.

im not going to get one, but i must say those new nokia's are catching my interest. you know what iv allways wanted...the nokia from the matrix. when that movie came out i wanted that phone sooooo bad. i was like "omgz! it automatically slides down!!!

hehe. man this phone is the shit. once rooted, let's you do so much more. makes owning a phone & getting over charged for data almost worth it.

lol. a few weeks ago, i called up verizon to see if i had a free upgrade. so i went to the store, played with the droid x model, fell in love, then went to the counter. told him what i wanted to do. he rang every thing up an said ok your total is $199. or something like that. im like huh? he say i get the phone for $199 with a 2 year contract added on. an i said, i have a free upgrade. (i have had free upgrades in the past). he said no you just became eligable for the $199 upgrade. otherwise you would have to pay $700 for the phone....i turned around an walked out sad.

so i shall stick with my droid eris untill i some how manage to save $199.

An update on my specs now. My PSU was dying (loud noise from fan and electronic buzzing like a sine wav oscillating up and down, not taking any chances), so I upgraded it and the GPU at the same time.

As of now, my weakest link is my HDD's which bring my windows rating to a 5.9. When I eventually have enough money saved, I want to upgrade everything to SSD's. Just too expensive for the size I need, but the payoff would be top performance. Everything else in my system is rated at 7.5 for CPU and 7.4 for GPU.

So, after my purchase of the Rocketfish 900w PSU and an ATI XFX 5770 GPU, here is my system:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black 3.2GHz

ATI Raedon 5770

Rocketfish 900w PSU

Gigabyte Dual Bios - GA-MA785GM-US2H (nice board but has only one PCIe slot)

16GB DDR2, PC2-6400 G.Skill memory

3 WD 500GB SATA's

Win 7 Pro 64bit (DirectX 11)

Once the market comes down on SSD's I'll upgrade the drives. Not looking forward to migrating all that data though.

i almost got a dremel from the store today. but i decided not to, so i came home and ordered a sonic screwdriver from the 10th doctor. sure the dremel is a "real" tool. but ill have more fun with this one. omg im sucha geek.

i have a dremel .... next up circular table saw :D

i got this the other day .... saw__d_by_tripaddict-d31t345.jpg

Edited by Trip

niiice :D

... u can borrow mine lol

have u seen the new lg android phone watch ?

its not new really been about for ages but not yet released or too expensive .... think its £600

lg_watchphone_1.jpg

hope santa has some in stock lol

Edited by Trip

An update on my specs now. My PSU was dying (loud noise from fan and electronic buzzing like a sine wav oscillating up and down, not taking any chances), so I upgraded it and the GPU at the same time.

As of now, my weakest link is my HDD's which bring my windows rating to a 5.9. When I eventually have enough money saved, I want to upgrade everything to SSD's. Just too expensive for the size I need, but the payoff would be top performance. Everything else in my system is rated at 7.5 for CPU and 7.4 for GPU.

So, after my purchase of the Rocketfish 900w PSU and an ATI XFX 5770 GPU, here is my system:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black 3.2GHz

ATI Raedon 5770

Rocketfish 900w PSU

Gigabyte Dual Bios - GA-MA785GM-US2H (nice board but has only one PCIe slot)

16GB DDR2, PC2-6400 G.Skill memory

3 WD 500GB SATA's

Win 7 Pro 64bit (DirectX 11)

Once the market comes down on SSD's I'll upgrade the drives. Not looking forward to migrating all that data though.

I upgraded my desktop computer HDD from a 7200 rpm to a 10000 rpm raptor. And I was very disappointed to find out that Windows 7 rated the HDD 5.9 instead of 6 or 6.5, everything else was 7.9. Can you believe that.

I upgraded my desktop computer HDD from a 7200 rpm to a 10000 rpm raptor. And I was very disappointed to find out that Windows 7 rated the HDD 5.9 instead of 6 or 6.5, everything else was 7.9. Can you believe that.

Thats because a single SSD is even faster than a single 10,000 RPM HDD. Windows rated your drive properly under todays standards of hardware. I've got a rating of 5.9 also because of my HDD's being the slowest or lowest scoring parts.

Edited by digip

How did you manage that?

experimenting with linux based alternatives to itunes. then i had to use itunes to unbrick my ipod, or get it out of "recovery mode". so i tried itunes in wine, which was a big fail and a half. so then i booted into my windows partition an installed itunes. but it wasn't installing right. kept getting errors telling me to uninstall it. so i had to use winrar to open the .exe install file and manually install a certain file that was having problems. after that it worked fine, and it fixed the ipod. uhg. dam windows and dam apple. they have to make there products so buggy. you would think that there would be an itunes install for linux by now. but i guess not cause then it wouldnt be open source. and apple dosnt want you using third party software with there products.

Edited by okiwan