What Tech. Have You Bought Recently ?

Trip

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trip, where did you get the snatch drive from?

Cheers,

Sprouty

local computer market ... google northen computer markets you'll find their calender im sure there's more tho across the uk its just finding them

they're probably cheaper on ebay but i can take them back if i have any problems

heat guns are awesome. i have a hardcore one that goes more then 1500*. you could melt some ones face off with it.

Years ago I had my face disfigured from an black ex military person because I had the wrong color skin. This is was same day the police officers out in California were acquitted. Unfortunately I was not able to be Joe karate. Just glad he did not kill me. Marring people is not a very adult mentality. My disfigured face has cost me some promotions and potential jobs. God I hope I do not see that jerk again or I might lose my penchant for pacifism.

That sucks about the black dude man. Something like that has happened to me in the past, and I always fear God and remember that this person will suffer for his/her actions in the end.

Back on topic..

I just won [on ebay] a decent htc tytn ii for £55 [$87]

Will be trying out Android on it. I've heard the bluetooth doesn't work with android, but there's always usb. Its the best I can afford at the moment. [Jobless]

I just ordered me one of these today: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103849

Wondering if I will need to update my BIOS though for it to work properly. Will see once I get it in the board. Miss my quad core, and am using a dual core at the moment. Gave my mother my other machine and didn't swap the CPU's before sending it off to her house to replace her old machine. She got the better end of the deal. :( but I'll be happy to have my 6 core since I'm also getting CS5 soon as well.

edit: Just updated my bios so the board does support the new processor. That was the easiest bios flashign I've done yet. Utility checks the site for the latest and does it right from within windows and then reboots. No need to use a floppy or usb boot device and no need to hunt for the correct one, does it automatically using @bios.

Edited by digip

I am building this new system next year.

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - 64-Bit

Case:

ThermalTake Armor+ Chassis Inc. Side Window w. 23cm Fan, no PSU - Black

Motherboard

GGigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Motherboard

Power Supply

Antec 1200W TruePower Quattro

CPU

Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition Hexa Core

Hard drive

Western Digital 450GB 10,000rpm Serial ATA-III-600 HDD

Hard drive 2

2x Seagate 2000GB (2TB) 7200rpm Serial ATA-II-300 HDD w. 64MB Cache (ST32000644NS) Constellation ES

BlueRay/DVD Driver Reader Only

Samsung SH-B123A Blu-ray Combo Drive - SATA

DVD/CD Writer

Samsung SH-S223C DVD-RW Drive - SATA

x2 Nvidia graphics Card (SLI)

EVGA GeForce GTX480 - 1536MB GDDR5 - (726MHz, 3800MHz)

Sound card

ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe Sound Card

Ram

2x Corsair 8GB (4 x 2GB) PC3-10600 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

Network Card (NIC)

Intel PRO/1000 CT - 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, 1x RJ45, Full-Height - PCI-Ex1

Monitor

ASUS VG236H 3D LCD Monitor - Black

Total System cost: $7500.00

Edited by Infiltrator

I am building this new system next year.

Total System cost: $7500.00

If I had $7500 I think I'd buy a second vehicle or put a down payment on a house.

A 1955 Vintage Mint Condition (in original box) Nestler 0370 Electro Slide-Rule..

(this is a scan of a late '60's early '70's model, mine has those cool 1950's fonts with serifs )

f66L0.jpg

It's made of an old-time material called "wood" , specifically "Mahogany", and some proprietary plastic-compound ..

Einstein ( and Von Braun ) used this one :

uBHKq.jpg

Edited by IOSys

If I had $7500 I think I'd buy a second vehicle or put a down payment on a house.

Would't be a bad idea, put some money aside for buying a house or car.

On the other hand, Im not much of a bing spender, all I get from work goes to my bank account. Its a good thing I still leave with my parents, I get to save quite a lot.

its pretty sweet impressed with the amount of pci slots just a pity it has no sata connectors :( lol

Depending on the hardware, if you have an open PCI-e port, you can get a SATA card with multiple ports for it.

ms sidewinder x8 mouse ? ... £25 (was a little expensive but i've wanted one for ages)

How do you like that mouse? My Logitech MX518 is having issues (randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, usually while playing counterstrike in a knife fight...). So I will be in the market for a new mouse here soon, once i throw this one against the wall in a fit of anger.