Proxies Problem Need To Be Fixed

phpsnake

Hi Guyz,

I a guy hostilized@University,

Our university network is designed in such away that every hostel have 2-4 routers.

I m connected from one of them, No one can Use HTTP without proxies of Universities, i mean all the traffic with HTTP will go through them and filtered so.

There are alot of sites that i cant access, some thing like having ip-address string in.

Can any one tell me how to bypass these all. ????

will be thank full

Then what about the proxies ????

If i install a VPN, a VPN is automatically establish in my OS,

Will it send request to proxies encrypted ?????

just look at this

I had HTTP proxy : 192.168.10.9

and i have to use it

then if i install VPN what will happen ??? Will it send the encrypted request to this proxy ????

Then what about the proxies ????

If i install a VPN, a VPN is automatically establish in my OS,

Will it send request to proxies encrypted ?????

just look at this

I had HTTP proxy : 192.168.10.9

and i have to use it

then if i install VPN what will happen ??? Will it send the encrypted request to this proxy ????

its very simple to set up a vpn server.

You can use SSHCorp or OpenVPN (Windows), they are both open source.

It needs to be set up on the outside of your university network on a standalone PC (eg. Home PC)

Use DynDNS if you don't have a static ip address

When registering with DynDNS, make sure you call it a meaniful name, don't call it MyvpnServer or Proxy, as it could trigger the filters.

Make sure you also change the default ports to 80 or 443.

Edited by Infiltrator

Or simply live with whatever block they have and not complain.

I am pretty sure of us have been in this situation, where you are trying to access some information else and it gets blocked by the firewall.

Its really annoying and that's why rules sometimes I meant to be broken.

I know it may not be the best outcome afterwards.

But what can you do?

Guest Deleted_Account
I am pretty sure of us have been in this situation, where you are trying to access some information else and it gets blocked by the firewall.

Its really annoying and that's why rules sometimes I meant to be broken.

I know it may not be the best outcome afterwards.

But what can you do?

I agree as everytime I am blocked/filtered I work around it. Last year at school me and my friends were always doing this and hell the school allowed us (off the record) aslong as we didn't hog the server or do illegal shit. VPN's didn't work in this case as they blocked everything but 80 (easy fix but we did SSH tunneling instead) also TOR was blocked as access to TOR's "server" is filtered (by the School district actually as the are using a ISP ran by the provincial government (partially at least as all schools in the district are filtered on the local level and ISP level) tor is blocked on isp level :( ah well ssh tunneling works great :)

I agree as everytime I am blocked/filtered I work around it. Last year at school me and my friends were always doing this and hell the school allowed us (off the record) aslong as we didn't hog the server or do illegal shit. VPN's didn't work in this case as they blocked everything but 80 (easy fix but we did SSH tunneling instead) also TOR was blocked as access to TOR's "server" is filtered (by the School district actually as the are using a ISP ran by the provincial government (partially at least as all schools in the district are filtered on the local level and ISP level) tor is blocked on isp level :( ah well ssh tunneling works great :)

Blocked everything, what about changing the VPN default port to port 80.

Since its the only port not blocked.

Guest Deleted_Account
Blocked everything, what about changing the VPN default port to port 80.

Since its the only port not blocked.

Never thought of it at the time and ssh tunneling seemed easier as i was LINUX only back then as Win7 Craped out on me. But VPN on port 80 would have worked fine as well.

I think what you need, is to set up a proxy server on the outside of the restricted network.

2 ways you can achieve that.

Step 1: You can set up Apache as a webserver and install glype and SSL to encrypt the traffic.

Or step 2: Set up a SSH server and use Putty on the client side to establish a connection with SSH server. (you will need to use Dynamic Socks in the browser instead of proxy)

Edited by Sparda