Anybody Good At Identifying Best Keys?

eovnu87435ds

when we had our house built next to a high crime area, we decided to use higher security locks. Our friend who was a locksmith hooked us up with commercial BEST access locks in all our doors. He has since closed his business due to the economy. +We just lost one of the keys and need to find key blanks to give to home depot so that they can cut a copy. The problem is, we have no info about the locks or keys, and everywhere we looked in store or online does not have anything that looks like my keys.

If I post a scanned image of the key, can anybody help me ID it?

Just take the keys to a professional lock smith and they should be able to not only tell you what type they are, but to make you another copy as well.

They look almost exactly the same as my house keys.

Ummmmm...............

Just take the keys to a professional lock smith and they should be able to not only tell you what type they are, but to make you another copy as well.

It has more pins than a typical house key. I have a keyring full of BEST keys for work.

Can any one remember who did the key duplication by simply taking pictures of them at quite far distances with camera phones? I think it was at a defcon.

I have seen something similar before, where they took a picture of a key on a file cabinet with a quarter next to it to scale it.

If you take the key to a good locksmith, they will have not only blanks, but be able to cut you a new one. If you lost your key, why not get all new, more secure locks? I haven't tried but I'm sure a bump key (which may be hard to find for that type of lock), or lock pick could easily open those type of locks. If you are the only one on the block with BEST locks on your home, and probably are, and your key is gone; how hard to you think it would be for someone on the street to read your lock face that says "BEST" and they have a "BEST" key in their hand?

Edited by Mr-Protocol