School Novell Hacking

danielbrthwt

No one here really condones hacking networks you don't own. Especially school or business networks that disrupt the work of others, which is not only illegal, its just a dick move. With that said, if you really want to know, Google is your friend.

i was woundering if any one knew of any novell client hacks like how to get the admin pass or other things

Back in my High school, the network was operated on Novell.

And one of my college managed to capture the local administrator password using MITM attack.

May be you should try that. I would recommend doing some reading on what MITM is compromised of.

My school used Novell software as well, their was this really neat hack where you could make a few changes to the registry and that would enable the messaging software for the Novell network. We had soooo much fun randomly messaging people halfway across the school.

My school used Novell software as well, their was this really neat hack where you could make a few changes to the registry and that would enable the messaging software for the Novell network. We had soooo much fun randomly messaging people halfway across the school.

Yep I still remember that, used to be a really cool way for exchanging short text messages to everyone in the school. But then they changed they whole system to windows nt.

Try msg from the command prompt in windows.

ex:msg username /SERVER:workstations-name "your message"

ex:msg username /SERVER:ip-address "your message"

This only works on the lan, and wont work across the internet.

Edited by digip

That did work for sometime, then they turned it off, after users started complaining.

Oh man, back in high school they used novell in the technology wing. The admin password happen to be the same as the fortress password. Anybody remember Fortress? It would lock win98 down to most people, but there were ways around it and you could get the file for the password , decrypt it with a tool off astalavista, and bam, no more fortress.

I remember going to my teacher with all the username and passwords and telling them they need to fix their security. He laughed his ass off and gave me a universal hall pass so I could head to the tech wing whenever I had free time. I miss high school, so much more free time and the only bill I had was $20/month for a cell phone.

lol. reminds me of WinPopup msg days in win 9x on school computers :lol: