Windows 7 Admin Password

Reactions

Hi

I will soon get a brand new laptop with Windows 7 and I need to get the admin password. I haven't cracked passwords for a long time so I need a bit help here. I was thinking abot generating Rainbowcrack Tables using this tutorial: http://project-rainbowcrack.com/tutorial.htm

And then find the hash file from the SAM and SYSTEM files in Windows. Would this work? If so; how do I get the SAM and SYSTEM files to an USB stick or a CD without admin priviligies?

I do not want to reset the password btw. Just find it.

Thanks.

{Reactions}

You could use OPHCrack to save the hashes to a file and then RCrack.exe to crack the hashes with the rainbow tables.

I think I got the admin password now anyway, but what about mac? Is that harder? I tried OPHCrack on my normal stationary PC and it didnt find the pw :S. I just booted the live dvd. My rainbow tables are finished now so the only thing I need is something to dump the pwhash.

If it's a brand-new laptop, shouldn't you be prompted to create the admin account during OOBE?

This. Windows 7's admin account is disabled by default in new installs. When you first boot up the machine, it'll prompt you to create a user account.

In The Mac You Have a Root Password it act as a Admin of the Mac.In the Window We have Admin and In the Mac and Linux We have Root password Which Control the Whole System.The original way I published is the "detailed" method using NetInfo Manager. It is the same way you would reset any user's password on a Next computer. There is also a much quicker way to enable the root account using a menu item in NetInfo Manager.

to alleviate all the capital letters i am typing this in lowercase lettering.

Hi. I got the PC installed. I tried finding the hash with OPHCrack (I found it) OPHCrack failed at cracking it. I then tried with my rainbow tables. They failed. What to do?

Why the hell are you trying to crack an admin password on a supposedly new PC?

You set the users when you first boot into Windows.