Windows Virtual Desktops

BattZ

I've been using Sondel Virtual Desktop to give my windows 7 machine some more desktops. But I recently figure out that the hot keys to switch dektops (alt+`, alt+1...) are also used by a program I use. Not being able to figure out how to change the hot keys for Sondle, since there is very little customization, I am now looking for a new virtual desktop program, and curious what some of you guys use for it.

Ive played with a few but to be honest, even on Linux, I have no use for them. I find them to be less productive in the long run, instead or more productive. If you want to increase productivity, get additional physical monitors and spread your work out among them. Thats just my opinion though.

Ive played with a few but to be honest, even on Linux, I have no use for them. I find them to be less productive in the long run, instead or more productive. If you want to increase productivity, get additional physical monitors and spread your work out among them. Thats just my opinion though.

+1.

I've not found a use for the multiple workspaces, it's more distracting for me to switch between the two, then hook up another monitor and extend the desktop onto it.

I have 2 monitors going atm, and I like being able to keep my VM's on one, system shit on another, stuff I'm playing around with on another, and my main one with everything else. It's just easier for how my mind is wired to organize things like that.

Thanks, I'm trying that out now, but there seems to be a few more bugs with it, like certain windows just show up on all the desktops. Also the last update to it was in 2004, so the issues probably have something to do with using win7 I would guess.

I use desktops.exe, to virtualize my XP box it can also be used in Win7.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=791