Need Help With Tor, Privoxy And Nessus

SystemCrash86

hello, i am new to backtrack and i really like it alot. It does everything i need except i am having alittle trouble with somethings and i am hoping somebody here could help me out?

The first thing is tor - i cant get it to work properly and it wont let me get polipo.

The second thing is privoxy isn't working and am not sure how to get the proxies set up.

The third and final thing that i can't get working Nessus 2.2.10 to connect to the localhost and start working. It says that my username needs a password which i enter correctly and it says that it cannot connect.

I really hope somebody here can help me with these problems and would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thankyou

Does your networking work without TOR or anything?

yes everything works with networking and i can use the internet and stuff like that but i can't exactly get the settings right and its not quite working, the same with privoxy.

I use apt-get install polipo to try and get that but it wont let me get it - something about unmet dependencies which i don't know how to fix.

yes everything works with networking and i can use the internet and stuff like that but i can't exactly get the settings right and its not quite working, the same with privoxy.

I use apt-get install polipo to try and get that but it wont let me get it - something about unmet dependencies which i don't know how to fix.

The current tree is available from a Git repository:

git clone git://git.torproject.org/git/polipo

Unless you change your config, Tor wants to use Privoxy and or Vidalia. Vidalia is a GUI for tor config and will start the tor service. Privoxy is a web filtering proxy that is between your computer and tor.

Tor is slow. Probably be better off with Public VPNs depending on your intent on using it.

Unless you change your config, Tor wants to use Privoxy and or Vidalia. Vidalia is a GUI for tor config and will start the tor service. Privoxy is a web filtering proxy that is between your computer and tor.

Tor is slow. Probably be better off with Public VPNs depending on your intent on using it.

What are the usual config settings? becasue i have them all install except for polipo which wont let me download and install because of unmet dependancies

Stick with Vidalia. I never used polipo.

Polipo — a caching web proxy

Don't really need it. If you want it download/install the dependencies.

I'm not sure if vidalia is installed by default. Check tor website http://www.torproject.org/ and see how to install vidalia if it is not installed. Follow the GUI steps in vidalia and you should be all set.

You may have to stop the tor service from running at boot time. Vidalia, when run, will start the Tor service.

I can't download polipo because of unmet dependancies.

I got tor and Privoxy and i was looking online to try and configure them - but there are so many and when one didn't work i tried the next and soon the configuration files are a mess and i think thats why they are not working.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

All sugestions and advice will be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

I can't download polipo because of unmet dependancies.

I got tor and Privoxy and i was looking online to try and configure them - but there are so many and when one didn't work i tried the next and soon the configuration files are a mess and i think thats why they are not working.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

All sugestions and advice will be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Read my previous post... Visit tor website for info on how to just reinstall the whole bundle.

• 2 weeks later...