Hak5 Spam Statistics

Sparda

"googlemail.com"……

this is the highlight.forgive my ignorance,is that a copy of "gmail.com"?

Some already owened the rights to gmail in the UK, so anyone from the UK who created a GMail account after the rights holders sued google until some time this year when they settled got @googlemail.com, however the @gmail.com part worked fine.

Some already owened the rights to gmail in the UK, so anyone from the UK who created a GMail account after the rights holders sued google until some time this year when they settled got @googlemail.com, however the @gmail.com part worked fine.

thanks for ur clue.i searched "googlemail UK",and then got a result.

it looks like google has solved the problem in May 2010.

Well, i think its clear what to do. From now on, gmail and googlemail email addresses will be auto-banned.

You mean Yahoo and Gmail? Those were the two biggest. Googlemail barely made a mark. I know htats a silly solution, but might actually be full of win to forbid registration from free email services. Every ISP I know of offers email services as part of their package, no reason they cant use their real email.

Ugh @ using ISP mail service.

Whats the matter, you don't know how to configure a POP3 or IMAP client? My ISP email service is actually damn good, encrypted and 99% spam free. My other ones, not so good, full of spam, and down a lot. Their spam filters also remove too many real emails, while letting in too much spam.

Well, i think its clear what to do. From now on, gmail and googlemail email addresses will be auto-banned.

I know htats a silly solution, but might actually be full of win to forbid registration from free email services.

Well if you wanted to get serious about anti-spam, set up a telephone line, with a real person on the other end. have mabye 3 people, (1 per shift) since this forum does not often get alot of new users. Then during registration, the user must call a number and talk to a real person, who will then give you a code over the phone, that you must enter to complete registration. programmers are lazy, and wouldn't bother to do that for a forum that they would just spam and get banned on.

Edited by eovnu87435ds