Got Pineapple, Need Some Pinapple For Dummies

Ok, I got pineapple, I am able to get to the Wrt, and Jasager page, I keep seeing people mention Console cable, which I am guess is the white one they gave, but do I need a RJ45 to Console to use it?

Plus, has anyone considered doing some basic steps guide for newbies. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

LFX

Ok, I got pineapple, I am able to get to the Wrt, and Jasager page,
GREAT your good

I keep seeing people mention Console cable, which I am guess is the white one they gave, but do I need a RJ45 to Console to use it?

Plus, has anyone considered doing some basic steps guide for newbies. Any help would be great.

No sure what u mean by console? why and what 4 console do u need?

it looks like now u should test now if a victums computer can connect to your pineapple do they get an ip and do they show up in the jasager list,

get a laptop search the wifi and connect to "pineapple"

If that works u should a make wired a connection , network cable, between your fon and your laptop

Then you shoul get the fon use your laptops internet connection. ( the gateway )

I agree with you that there are a lot of confusing posts whitch gets u nowere, they can be are out of date, find out the version of your installation, and filter the posts from there. Do litle steps (that you can undo) at the time.

I had a terrible time finding out the most simple things like " how to commit an update in the WRT , I like scrips and config files more.

There is not much help here any more, mr protocol knows best, if he's not grumpy he's your man

Also try searching google out of hak5.org,

Good luck

Hey I too was having issues with sharing my internet(ICS).

I have a pineapple v2(open mesh) purchased from hak5. so all I had to do is follow the instructions for ICS.

Followed the instructions at: http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16069

scroll to the "Setup for ICS"

you can change what ip's used. I went with the 10.110.0.1, 10.110.0.2 because it was there;) plus it might help to

use an ip that is different from the Internet you will be sharing.

here is what worked for me. I used my Ethernet and "alpha AWUS036H 1 watt".

I did this in vista

1. connect your wifi to the source where you get Internet from.

2. find network connections, then right click on the wifi and choose properties.

3. under the sharing tab click "allow other network users to connect....".

4. also you need to select your Ethernet device.

5. under your ethernets properties select "Internet Protocols Version 4(TCP/IPv4)".

6. select "Use the following IP address" IP: 10.110.0.1, Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 10.110.0.2

for dns you could use 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2

7. it should be set up for ICS.

I just figured out and got working ics under backtrack 4

I'll try and post it soon;)

Thanks, I will be looking for the BT4 ICS when you post, thanks to all others who are sharing infor,

By the way does you pinapple get hot? Mine appears to get really warm.

ok so my ics for backtrack 4 has changed since I found this http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15200

so all I had to do was download and run the install.sh.

because I had allready set up ics in my previous post.

the script works great. just sudo pineapple.sh

and 3 questions wlan0, eth0 and do you want to run sslstrip

I love it:O

a note though and noticed this with my previous method

if you choose to run sslstrip, then keep it running the entire time because if you stop it there will be no internet through

the pineapple. u can just reboot backtrack and start over.

and yes the bottom of mine gets hot too.

Edited by petertfm

ok so my ics for backtrack 4 has changed since I found this http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15200

so all I had to do was download and run the install.sh.

because I had allready set up ics in my previous post.

the script works great. just sudo pineapple.sh

and 3 questions wlan0, eth0 and do you want to run sslstrip

I love it:O

a note though and noticed this with my previous method

if you choose to run sslstrip, then keep it running the entire time because if you stop it there will be no internet through

the pineapple. u can just reboot backtrack and start over.

and yes the bottom of mine gets hot too.

Are you running BT as a VM ? Thanks again.

I have a pineapple v2(open mesh) purchased from hak5. so all I had to do is follow the instructions for ICS.

Followed the instructions at: http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16069

scroll to the "Setup for ICS"

you can change what ip's used. I went with the 10.110.0.1, 10.110.0.2 because it was there;) plus it might help to

use an ip that is different from the Internet you will be sharing.

here is what worked for me. I used my Ethernet and "alpha AWUS036H 1 watt".

I did this in vista

1. connect your wifi to the source where you get Internet from.

2. find network connections, then right click on the wifi and choose properties.

3. under the sharing tab click "allow other network users to connect....".

4. also you need to select your Ethernet device.

5. under your ethernets properties select "Internet Protocols Version 4(TCP/IPv4)".

6. select "Use the following IP address" IP: 10.110.0.1, Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 10.110.0.2

for dns you could use 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2

7. it should be set up for ICS.

I just figured out and got working ics under backtrack 4

I'll try and post it soon;)

So you had to edit the Pineapple to use ICS, at first i thought you were talking about the Windows machine, but now I see you mean the Pineapple.

Do you know of a way to back up the image on the pineapple, I have no problems doing some editing to get it towork, but I want to make sure I can recover it if I blow it up. I sort of thought most of this was done on the one you bought.

Thanks, Again LFX>

So you had to edit the Pineapple to use ICS, at first i thought you were talking about the Windows machine, but now I see you mean the Pineapple.

Do you know of a way to back up the image on the pineapple, I have no problems doing some editing to get it towork, but I want to make sure I can recover it if I blow it up. I sort of thought most of this was done on the one you bought.

Thanks, Again LFX>

I did it on a fully installed backtrack 4

not sure how different a vm backtrack would be?

as far as backing up I would have no idea, I just took a risk changing/adding a few lines of code

and accessing the webif/X-wrt interface to change dhcp to static.

I think the reason the pineapple needs to be static and not assign an ip automatically

is otherwise when you connect it to your computer it will get an ip from the pineapple

and it needs to be the other way around(pineapple connects to your computer for internet)

I am prety sure If you want to use the pineapple.sh script you need to

change to a (10.110.0.*) ip system.

the only thing I changed about my fresh hak5 openmesh pineapple was Setup for ICS on this page

http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16069

If you want to back up the full disk you can use dd and netcat to send a copy of the disk across the net to a file on another machine. That will get you a full disk image backup, if you want the files the just use rsync to copy all the files off, it being linux as long as you then reflash with the same firmware image you can just copy them all back over again to restore if you have to.

Did you have to edit the file as mentioned in point 1 (Edit /etc/config/dhcp) with the pineapple that Hak.5 sells?