Best Mobile Device For Hacking?

Grayson5

Hi,

My contract on my Blackberry (AT&T) is up and I am looking to change devices. Any suggestions on which device would work best for WiFi Pen Testing and Hacking?

My company has not approved Android devices yet. They claim security issues so I am limited to iPhone and Windows Mobile.

Has anyone had success with the iPhone (with or without Jailbreaking).

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

For Windows Mobile there are several wardriving apps that I'm aware of, the first is somewhat aged now, MiniStumbler (from the writers of NetStumbler) and WiFiFoFum which is free for home use. Both support GPS and I believe that they're compatible with most Windows Mobile phones with wifi. There's also Octoox, and finally an application called Retina which claims to scan for access points, give audible proximity alerts in the style of a Geiger counter and additionally crack WEP, though it no longer appears to be available from its vendor, it's available elsewhere with a little googling.

Other potentially useful network tools include AirScanner, Microsoft's own Network Analyzer, PocketPuTTY, a personal favourite of mine which does much as you'd expect if you've ever used PuTTY on a PC and last but not least, Cambridge vxUtil. Cambridge also offer a sniffer, an FTP client and various other apps you might find useful.

• 1 month later...
Guest Deleted_Account
on the new nokia coming out you can run back track

you referring to neopwn? that looked incredible I hope it makes its way to android in some way/shape/or form :P

you referring to neopwn? that looked incredible I hope it makes its way to android in some way/shape/or form :P

yep. im surprised it hasnt come to android first, being that its linux based. oh if only i was a programmer...the things i would make...

I'd suggest Maemo on the N900, that thing is basically a Linux distro wrapped up in a touchscreen UI. They are powerful as hell. You can dual boot Android on it if you really wanted to and it has a fantastic open source user community.

I'd suggest Maemo on the N900, that thing is basically a Linux distro wrapped up in a touchscreen UI. They are powerful as hell. You can dual boot Android on it if you really wanted to and it has a fantastic open source user community.

that sounds v cool :)

eeww fail. i cant believe they only put 600 MHz in the nokia. thats a big NO for me.

True but it has been successfully overclocked to 1150Mhz and don't forget you've got a DSP in there as well.

Dual core phone :o

Now that would be very, very interesting to see. Anyone noticed how phones are already becoming more powerful than the iPad. Fail Apple Fail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...