What Skill(s) Do You Lack When It Comes To Computing?

xtr3m3

Networking. I can set up a router, set up wireless dongles, and configure ports. Pretty much it. :mellow:

Programming. Despite knowing how all programs work, and being able to compile programs, I can't code to save my life.

Edited by xtr3m3

My real weakness is:

email servers, Winsock development, 3d/visual development (and 3d programming/game programming), home router p.o.s. nat/port configuration & DMZ (on select router/gateways anyways, and I think they were designed NOT to work :X), and Kernel programming.

Pretty much everything else I have at least a little bit of a hand in. From VB to C++ to recently Android Rom Devleopment, Windows Servers, Advanced/Corporate router/switch configuration, database design, linux administration, and yeah.. still no tech job :( But it will get there.

@Mnemonic - Dude, programming is really not all that hard. Usually setting up the sdk is the hardest thing. After that just find examples, tinker, change, and adapt. Before you know it you can make programs in almost any language, and it's an addictive hobby.

Edited by h3%5kr3w

Programming here as well, just don't have the time to get stuck in. Work, weight training and my gf all seem to take up way to much time. (On bit of advice I have, cherish the time you have free as a youth, when your older its the one thing you never have enough of).

Not knowing when to stop screwing with stuff. I swear. If something is working right, I'll find a way to f' it up by tweaking/modifying it b/c I can't stand a perfectly working <whatever>. Weird, I know..

• 1 month later...

I can only do basic coding, but real programming its something that I really struggle with.

I can still get away with PHP, but other languages like C or Java don't ask me.

I'm good with network security, server installation and configuration, wireless and hacking.

Edited by Infiltrator

Whats really kicking my ass right now is. why my computer has bosd. (yes i know windows sucks)

other then that i got pretty deep into C programming other then that i just cant find the time anymore for programming. kinda loosing my touch.

Whats really kicking my ass right now is. why my computer has bosd. (yes i know windows sucks)

I wouldn't say Windows sucks, it may not be as good as Linux but it still do a good job.

There are certain things you can't do with Linux that you have to do with Windows.

2 reasons for BOSD, hardware issue or software issue (have you updated any driver or install any software lately) if not it sound more like a hardware issue to me.

I wouldn't say Windows sucks, it may not be as good as Linux but it still do a good job.

There are certain things you can't do with Linux that you have to do with Windows.

2 reasons for BOSD, hardware issue or software issue (have you updated any driver or install any software lately) if not it sound more like a hardware issue to me.

I have no skills what so ever, but I do know how too cut and paste......

I have no skills what so ever, but I do know how too cut and paste......

At least you know how to cut and paste, that's something better than not knowing anything.

And plus that's why we are all here, in these forums to learn whether we know something or not

Let me know if I can help with anything in the future. Just PM me if not sure of something, I will do my best to help. That's why I signed up with Hak5.

I'll agree with most everyone here, I lack programming skills. I have some but just not comfortable enough with what I know to really make any project ideas work all the way to the end. But, this is probably a motivation/attention span thing. Most of my projects end up half done before I forget about them.

Security! I wish I knew more about security of computer systems. That's a goal I set for myself and hope to improve on my knowledge, that's why im here! :)