Please Help Stop: 0x0000009c

Phreak9001

So I built this new computer for a family member. Anytime I try to boot Windows It goes to the loading screen and right when the little Windows loading screen pops up and does the animation, the machine locks and BSODs saying the following:

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

error code 0x0000009C

Specs/Parts:

Mobo: BIOSTAR TA790GX XE AM2+/AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX245OCGQBOX

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT

HDD: Western Digital AV-GP WD2500AVVS 250GB 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal AV Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Power Supply: hec Raptor500 500W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready Passive PFC Power Supply

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

Also, when booting into safe mode, the machine hangs on disk.sys, then spits out the same error code.

Could someone please help me?

Doesn't seem to want to run the memtest, however, RAM in this machine is interchangeable for RAM in my Desktop, it works fine in my desktop.

COMPLETE ERROR CODE:

*** STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000003,0x8BB3ADA8,0xF4000000,0x00000833)

DOn't know if this will help, but at this point I'm willing to try

Are you overclocking or have any custom settings in the BIOS? Try resetting the bios to defaults and make sure all the hardware is seated properly.

What about SATA drivers too.

Edited by digip

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm happy to report the problem has been cured. After eliminating the RAM, ODD, Software, etc as the culprit, I switched the CPU out on a whim. Nailed it, CPU was DOA. I appreciate the help though guys.

Re-seat the ram and the CPU and might want to check on the motherboard manufacture if there is any BIOS update to correct compatibility issues. I had similar issues before and the bios update helped.