1. 1. whats your favorite hacker movie?

• wargames
    • sneakers
    • hackers
    • anti trust
    • operation takedown
    • the net (i refuse to include 2.0)
    • pirates of sillicon valley

theres more movies out there, but some are way too unrealistic (the matrix or tron...not the hacking, the movie it self is unrealistic. nothing wrong with that just didnt want it in the list.) or have like one little part of hacking. i just saw a movie the other day an it had some realistic hacking at the end but i cant remember what it was.

as for my pick im gonna have to choose takedown. (i typed it as operation takedown which is the title of the book.) regardless if 2600 hates the movie, its still a movie based on kevin mitnick so it still kicks ass. wargames would have to be 2nd and anti trust 3rd.

Edited by okiwan

I think the list of the favorite Hacking movies, have been covered before. But anyway, why not bring it up again.

Sneakers, Hackers and Die Hard 4.

:angry:

this has been done to death already

I agree I think that all the hacking movies have already been disclosed in previous threads.

I'm mean, what hell lets give the OP another chance.

Edited by Infiltrator

Operation Takedown, mostly because its based on a true story and most of the hacking in that movie is possible. And it doesn't have all those fancy screen graphics that Hackers got.

Tho, Hackers is a lovable movie, it got an atmosphere that no other hacker movie got. And Angelina Jolie's boobs is on screen :P

oh....well then....excuse me...

Don't mind me! Just do what you have to do!

man have i got some watching to do

... i've always avoided watching films like these as they are so far from the truth most of the time

i take it the 7 listed @ the top are some of the best ?

ya pretty much. i forget to include die hard 4. not in any order though. an i just found out there is a wargames sequel called wargames the dead code. i just watched it yesterday. its pretty good. they mention war driving among other thing an they use a pringles can for an antenna an theres reference to the first movie.

Operation Takedown, mostly because its based on a true story and most of the hacking in that movie is possible. And it doesn't have all those fancy screen graphics that Hackers got.

Tho, Hackers is a lovable movie, it got an atmosphere that no other hacker movie got. And Angelina Jolie's boobs is on screen :P

U give me so many reasons to watch it.thanks...

Absolutely,it means Takedown

Edited by joke4k