WinRAR password

angelictorment

Ok, I have a winrar archive and I've forgotten the password to it. I thought I wrote it down in my note book with my others but its not there. I've gone and downloaded RPC I think it was called. It cracks winrar passwords, but problem is I don't have a dictionary file nor a brute force file to use with it. Where could I find the best full file for these? I've googled but the results I've gotten from a handful of sites only amounted to a few words each. Thanx for any and all help :)

Ok, I have a winrar archive and I've forgotten the password to it. I thought I wrote it down in my note book with my others but its not there. I've gone and downloaded RPC I think it was called. It cracks winrar passwords, but problem is I don't have a dictionary file nor a brute force file to use with it. Where could I find the best full file for these? I've googled but the results I've gotten from a handful of sites only amounted to a few words each. Thanx for any and all help :)

Don't you mean "Ok, I have a winrar archive that supposably containes warez I downloaded and I it has a password on it. I googled the archive name but couldn't find any thing. How can I crack it?"?

Nothing gets past me, even things which are apparently incent. I have past encountered people ask how to brake laws in ways which make it appear as if they are not wanting to brake the law. Example:

"How do I forward e-mails from one account to another on a send and recive basis without the other knowing?"

My responce to this of course was:

"Did you just say "How do I intercept some ones emails with out them knowing?"?"

I recived no responce. I see conspiracy at every turn :D

Should be more careful then next time. I mean, do you really need to password your files? No, and if you did, you wouldn't use WinRAR to password protect them you would use something like TrueCrypt.

I thought his original post could have be true or for warez. All I can say is look at the .nfo :lol:

snip

Who cares? It looks like an honest request and thats all that matters.

Thats what it looks like, but there is no way he can proov it isn't and becasue of the nature of the internet (it's so incredably easy for one person to say they are some thing or have some thing) every one is a lyer untill other wise prooven.

For example, what age do you belive I am? Exacly!

Actually i password protect quite a bit of my files when i compress them. I don't want just anyone getting ahold of them. If I give you a file I'd give you the password if I wanted you to use it. But if I don't then don't try. Anyhow think what ya want.

I don't want just anyone getting ahold of them.

Why don't you want people getting a hold of them? You don't need to password them unless they contact personal information (eg. finacial details) or would be really worth something to somebody else to want to steal them.

I think you thought it would look cool if you passworded everything and now your living to regret it, ooh the irony.

If you going to dictionary attack it/brute force it lets hope you chose a short word from a dictionary. Otherwise your going to be there for a long time.

Now, there may be reasons to believe that this could be an illigitimate question but then you might say that about a lot of questions here...

I don't see any reason to jump at this guy and think that unless he's blatantly asking for warez just a simple answer or comment would suffice.

In short, Sparda - stop being so paranoid. (Edit: and your logic is flawed - another thread perhaps ;))

angelictorment - I once had this problem (with a legitimate RAR, I'd compressed some personal letters and images I wanted to keep somewhere other than my HDD) and was unable to find a tool that managed to crack my password... I actually found the password written down in the end but I had no luck trying to brute force it or dictionary attack it... Still good luck and I hope all will be well...

Well chances are its a small old password that I used one of a dozen of... But yes some of the files do contact personal information in. One archive I have actually contains all my birth records, past financial, and military records... But there's also things that I find quite private that I don't want anyone to get ahold of. Btw why the hell am I explaining myself to you? I don't need to explain myself or anything to you.

No problem.

I will say though, to give the other side of the argument that the objective here could be seen as suspicious as many of us know... however this is no reason to attack someone with a barrage of "I know all, you're trying to crack open a warez archive"...

To end though, I will remind you all that winners don't do warez!

Warez is software that you don't legal own therefore arn't allowed to use it or have it. It doesn't matter how its distributed, over P2P/FTP/Person to Person. Its still warez.

Whether the releases passwords the rar or whatever it is coming is, is up to the release group. As I said earlier, just have a look at the .nfo usually to find out about what it is.

And remember, Winners don't do warez!

Don't lie to use like we're idiots. I can point out lyers, even over the internet.

-you lie to us

-you deny lying

-you change your story

-you become defencive

A blind kid could point you out a mile away.

• 4 months later...
For example, what age do you belive I am? Exacly!

Guessing from your spelling ? :P

Seriously though, someone needs to come up with some way of cracking these .rar archives, seems like a lot of people use this format to store baby pictures and ex-girlfriends and stuff... :roll:

just thinking out loud here, but does it really matter what the contents of the zipped (compressed for a better word) file is?

I know this site doesnt support the kiddie term of "hacking" and that warze = bad, but still really all the question'er is after is a nice BF Dictonary. As was provided.

Also im thinking Sparda is in his early 20's, Vako would be ruffly 25'ish, and umm moonlit, late 20's early 30's :S he seems to have life experience ^_^

... ive drank a way too much.