[Version 1] I Admit, I Need Help

I bought and have a teensy with pins, micro SD card adaptor, and 5 pin adapter for the USB.

the teensy is operational, I've already tried to add the fast flash program, and it worked. So, what now?

Take a look at how you can write executable scripts. You can store those scripts to your sd card and have teensy execute them via command line! Once you have access to command line, you can do almost anything to that computer. :) Are you using a Mac OS or windows?

Bits1

the teensy is operational, I've already tried to add the fast flash program, and it worked. So, what now?

Sounds you've completing step #2 of the getting started section?

You could go on to steps #3 and #4, which admittedly were written before Teensyduino existed and are in need of some updates (to mention Arduino as an alternate path). Or you could download Arduino and Teensyduino, install them, and try the Teensyduino tutorial. Those tutorials will walk you though some of the more conventional ways to use Teensy.

As for controlling a PC, with Arduino you'd probably want to look at the info on this page (perhaps after completing tutorial #1):

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_keyboard.html

To be honest, when I created Teensy I imaged people would use HID to do things like entering sensor measurements into web forms or spreadsheets. Of course, it's completely up to you what you do with Teensy, but if you pursue "hacking" style control of PCs, please I hope you will do so responsibly.

I guess what I'm not understand is fully how to make the code I want function on the teensy itself. I've seen some code on the site that I want to use as code, and as a well, *noob* (yeah I admitted it) I'm not sure how to take that code and put it on my teensy. Get me?

Basically, I've already figured out how to load the .hex files on my teensy, but I haven't gotten much farther than the blink program.

So how do I take the code I want, and load it to the teensy?

I need english, not numbers for an answer

kthxbai

Using Windows 7 to code the payloads doesn't really make a difference. You might need to tweak the payloads a bit though if the "target" is using win7.

Edit --

Take a look at my -basic- tutorial on the wiki here

Edited by Sl45h3R

I'm have difficulty with teensyduino software. I downloaded it, and put it in the right folder, but I'm having issues with actually running the software. It's really annoying.

2isxslh.jpg

I clicked done. I can't find "verify", which i know is in the teensyduino program, but I'm having issues with it running.

I guess teensyduino is my issue.

help

On the left in that picture is the Teensy Loader, not the Arduino IDE.

If you didn't I suggest you delete everything then follow my tutorial.

If you did, close everything, run the IDE and start my tutorial from step 3.

Ok, it looks like you've completed adding Teensyduino to Arduino. That means you now have software that is capable of producing programs for Teensy, so your next step is to actually load the code for a tiny program and try compiling and getting it into your Teensy.

Something to keep in mind is Teensy is just a tiny little computer. Computers do exactly what you tell them to do, which isn't necessarily what you want them to do. So far, you've loaded software on your computer, and that software is capable of making software for Teensy.

As far as the Teensy is concerned, you haven't told it to do ANYTHING. Pushing the button puts it into programming mode, and the Teensy Loader lets you download a HEX file. Now it's time to actually make your own HEX file. THAT is what you're trying to do with Arduino. You'll probably load the blink example (eg, menu: File > Examples > Digitial > Blink). Chance the LED number to 11 (refer to the card that came with Teensy to see the LED is connected to pin 11). When you click the verify button in Arduino (the first one on the blue toolbar), after Arduino has produced the HEX file, you should see the Teensy Loader shows the new filename automatically (on the button line of its tiny window... Teensyduino sets up communication between the two programs, so you don't have to manually use File > Open in Teensy Loader, it just automatically opens the new HEX file).

Only when you have created your own HEX file, then you should press the pushbutton on Teensy. That communication channel also clicks the "Auto" mode button for you, so when you press the pushbutton your freshly made HEX file will be programmed and run on your Teensy.

Ultimately, Teensy will do exactly what you tell it to do. Ultimately, you must take control and command it to do your bidding (and I do hope you deploy any application than controls a PC in a responsible way, but ultimately that's your business). There are certainly libraries and bits of code people have published than can help, much like how a nice clip art or icon library can help you compose a pretty document or web page. But all the examples and tutorials (and lengthy forum posts like this one) and helpful code to copy-n-paste there doesn't replace the need for YOU to take control of things!

Edited by Paul Stoffregen