Backtrack 4 Linux Dhcp Wireless Network Connection Setup

h4x0r

Hi All,

I've got Dell Vostro 1500 which has Intel 3945abg network and broadcom builtin network card, i also put EDIMAX EW7318USg (rt73USB) network card on my BT4 system, how do i connect to Network wireless using wlan0 and wired eth0 DHCP using Backtrack 4 final ?

i tried to plug in the network card and enable the card using ifconfig but still failed ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have had problems with the rt73usb drivers not working for me. Personally, I install the enhanced rt73 drivers, and then rmmod rt73usb, and then do a modprobe rt73 instead. Then the wireless card works fine, but depends on the exact card I guess.

You can install the drivers from here: http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan/#rt73

Latest being: rt73-k2wrlz-3.0.3.tar.bz2

Also for more help in connecting to wireless access points in general, see here:

http://www.hak5.org/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=164137

wicd network manager is /etc/init.d/wicd start

then you might have to type dhclient to get an IP address from the DHCP. But you can see your wireless card in ifconfig? and you brought it up?

Rereading your post, you want to connect to a wireless and wired network at the same time? If so I can't help you much, since I have been trying to make my BT4 virtualbox use 2 wired connections, one to my virtual network and one to my real network, but can only get 1 to work at a time.