U3 Not Running In Vista

deepak28

Dear friends, i have a Sandisk U3 cruzer 4gb pen drive. I like this U3 functionality. But the U3 in my pen drive does not work under vista and windows 7 (all versions). My device version is 2.18. When I called sandisk they told this device version is not compatible with vista and 7 even with updated U3 launchpad.

Mean while I have updated my U3 launchpad. But the LP installer created 2 removable drives after updating. Then I used universal customizer and got back the cd rom partition. Now I would like to run U3 on vista and windows 7. so please help me guys.

Thanks in Advance.

Dear friends, i have a Sandisk U3 cruzer 4gb pen drive. I like this U3 functionality. But the U3 in my pen drive does not work under vista and windows 7 (all versions). My device version is 2.18. When I called sandisk they told this device version is not compatible with vista and 7 even with updated U3 launchpad.

Mean while I have updated my U3 launchpad. But the LP installer created 2 removable drives after updating. Then I used universal customizer and got back the cd rom partition. Now I would like to run U3 on vista and windows 7. so please help me guys.

Thanks in Advance.

Have you tried running the U3 Software in the compatibility mode. Just right click on the application itself, and go to properties and then go to the compatibility mode tab.

It may or may not work, its worth a shot.

Edited by Infiltrator

Due to security reasons, U3 autorun no longer works as it did previously. Microsoft has disallowed the use of most forms of autorun because it was a security risk (an obvious and long-running one at that).

You must manually run the U3 application yourself.

Edited by moonlit

I have tried in compatibility mode and it doesn't work. I have heard that some sandisk with some device version and launchpad version 1.6 and above are fully compatible with vista and 7. So I would like to try some firmware upgradation for my pen drive.

The sandisk website says that the current launchpad version is 1.6.3.9 which is fully compatible. But when I updated my pendrive the launchpad version was 1.6.1.2. I don't understand what's going on.

Please help me guys.

Do you have UAC turned on or off? if that's turned on trying running the U3 app as administrator.

Dear friend I have tried everything. Thing is that the cd rom partition of my pendrive is detected as audio cd. This is not OS problem. The problem is with pendrive version. So I would like to try firmware upgradation. Please suggest me how to do this.

Mean while if somebody can provide me a sandisk U3 launchpad ( version 1.6.3.9 ), I would like to install it and try to run. I am not able to download 1.6.3.9 version of launchpad. Every time I try, the website always gives me 1.6.1.2 version.