Any Switchblade Type Hacks Still Working?

okiwan

specifically against vista? iv been reading around on her for an hour or two but i see all these projects are old. are there any current ones that work against vista? or do any of the older ones work against vista? i see some of them dont work at all now due to security updates an such.

You'll need to update some of the .exe's to get it to work on Vista/Win7 (notably pwdump). Secondly, auto-run is disabled by default on Vista/Win7 rendering the switchblade a less elegant attack vector, but still be effective if combined with social engineering.

Ya the auto run vector is gone pretty much (I am running xp, and I have auto run on cds (I'm lazy) and also I just never considered it a dangerous attack vector, if I am away my computer is locked so no auto-run and if I am there I don't let people just plug in shit). Though the bios boot usb is getting wider (with more supporting it) though a little harder (though hold power button and plug in is still pretty easy (especially if you make it look like it is booting windows and then do its damage (looking like windows) then "error" (so it turns the computer off with no suspiciousness, and then unplug and they would think oh stupid windows memory error let me reboot) )

Ya the auto run vector is gone pretty much (I am running xp, and I have auto run on cds (I'm lazy) and also I just never considered it a dangerous attack vector, if I am away my computer is locked so no auto-run and if I am there I don't let people just plug in shit). Though the bios boot usb is getting wider (with more supporting it) though a little harder (though hold power button and plug in is still pretty easy (especially if you make it look like it is booting windows and then do its damage (looking like windows) then "error" (so it turns the computer off with no suspiciousness, and then unplug and they would think oh stupid windows memory error let me reboot) )

Is the a current switchblade that you can just plug in, boot through bios, appear as though it's booting windows, automatically restart back to normal windows, and then the payload will be installed?

but say i have access to the computer an its not locked. instead of using the auto run feature can i just manually run it on a vista machine and have it do every thing its supposed to do?

Depends, most of the old programs will not run a 64-bit OS.

Mmm, guess I'll write one that works with Vista/7, brb