Chrome ... How Do I Add A Security Exemption ?

Trip

I believe this to be true, but what I'm trying to get at is that if the certificate is invalid (according to the browser) there is a good reason for this, and it is that reason that should be corrected not ignored. That is, unless it's a test site that presently doesn't hold any real data.

yeah lol i tried that but still it doesnt detail how to add an exemption

i tried to add the certificate to my trusted certs list but didnt work

so eventually i reinstalled firefox argh :( ... im sure they will cange the way this works in later versions

just frustrating its not included in this one ... have replied to a post on the chrome development page saying an exemtion button would be a good idea

yeah lol i tried that but still it doesnt detail how to add an exemption

i tried to add the certificate to my trusted certs list but didnt work

so eventually i reinstalled firefox argh :( ... im sure they will cange the way this works in later versions

just frustrating its not included in this one ... have replied to a post on the chrome development page saying an exemtion button would be a good idea

Why reinstall anything? You can get Google Chrome, FireFox and Opera in portable formats, keep your bookmarks, settings, etc, and not have to install it on every pc you want to use it on. Im starting to not use any installed browsers except IE, since there doesnt seem to be a portable IE(not that I need or use IE anyway).

FF, Chrome : http://portableapps.com/apps/internet

OperaUSB : http://www.opera-usb.com/

Edited by digip

Well, they won't necessarily change this, if the certificate is not valid the browser should prevent access. Reminds me of a story about a person who had been MITM'ed and with a SSL proxy, so every SSL'ed site would cause firefox to ask the user is this ok, that person got annoyed at firefox for doing so and filed a bug report with mozilla. Unless there is a very good reason the SSL certificate is not valid, you really need to get it fixed. If there is a good reason it is not valid, you should verify you have the correct certificate by having the people who own the certificate send you the finger prints and check sums of the certificate via post/phone/<any thing that isn't email or IM or easily MITM'ed>