Favourite Browser ?

Trip

Safari 5, since it is the most reliable IMO. And no other browser compares to how fast it runs html5 websites. Since it is based on WebKit, it scores 100/100 on the Acid3 Test for following web standards, meaning it is the most compatible. According to the test, The gecko engine scores a 94 with firefox 3.6.8 and a 97 with firefox 4.0b3pre. KHTML/Konqueror scores an 89 with 4.4.5 and Trident/IE8 scores 20/100. IE9 preview does score an 83 though.

No, I am not an iPhone user nor am I an apple fanboy, I just use what works. I used to use firefox whenever I needed to change settings on my routers, as Safari used to not be able to do that correctly, but since that has been fixed, I now just use firefox when I want to play around with stumbleupon

I have been using Opera, Firefox and Chrome. And to be honest I like Chrome I lot better than Firefox, since Firefox has a tendency of crashing and sometimes becoming unstable.

Chrome on the other hand has proven to be stable and a lot more responsive than Firefox. I still use Opera when my internet connection gets shaped up, apart from that that's my experience with browsers.

this :)

i used to love firefox .... but chrome's plugins are catching up

After installing Chrome I noticed that every time a new tab is opened, a new process called Chrome.exe is created on the background, this is what makes Chrome so stable as opposed to Firefox

Firefox on the other hand, does completely the opposite it creates a single process called Firefox.exe and just chews up memory as new tabs are opened, making it more vulnerable to crashing and making it less responsive.

You will see bro, Chrome will beat Firefox one day in terms of performance, usability and plugins.

Chromium/chrome ftw. FireFox was my mainstay for a looong time but noticed on slower/lower RAM systems Chrome stomps FireFox and rubs a burning cigar in its face when it comes to speed and stability. I never had any issues and I am also a simple person so the minimalist setup is perfect (for me). I have never had problems with Chrome either.

I have also tried ie8, and opera. Opera to me seems like a clunkier version of FireFox and ie is just... ie. Works better than it used to but is close to FireFox on performance. You can count numbers all day but its then unique system you are running it on that really counts and depending on that your milage may vary on any browser.

was on firefox since the beginning but moved to chrome about a year ago. It amazing for me (since its seperate threads/per tab) and is BLAZING fast. The only time it crashes on me is on craptastic pages.

Chrome/chromium ftw!

(btw firefox doesnt like it when i open 60+ tabs throughout the day....600+megs for firefox.exe???)

I use Opera, although I am growingly unsatisfied with it.

I would use Chrome, but by the time it opens Opera will have fixed its problems and it just works in such unexpected and unwanted ways.

I would use Safari, but it just does not offer the tools I want in a browser.

I would use Firefox, but I feel its too bulky and clunky (at least on OS X).

Opera, FTW! Opera 10.6 finally seems to have all the Opera 10.X bugs worked out and everything seems to work like the Opera of old for me. No need for NOSCRIPT or 500 other extensions to do what I need to protect myself or make me productive with my browsing.

The only time I use the other browsers, is when designing web sites for clients and I need to make sure they load properly in all the others. FF, Chrome and IE8 are fine, but don't do everything I need in a browser. Occasionally I use IE8, but thats only when a site is specifically written for the IE platform, such as some business sites who find it necessary to restrict their shit to IE and IIS/aspx sites that fail in the other browsers for whatever reasons.

Chrome/chromium here. I recently moved over from FF, and I don't think I'll look back. Now that AdBlock blocks Ads before being loaded, it has finally solidified why I recently moved. I think the extensions are easily catching up to FireFox too(as much as possible anyway). The only part I don't quite get with Google's browser is how do you know when an extensions has an update. Does the browser/extension notify you somehow, or is it up to you to keep checking back at its extension page?

Edited by foo

@digip - cheers to you for being a proper web dev. I can't tell you how many times, even on a "multi-browser compliant" web site, you pull up the one browser you usually use and it happens to not... be so.. compliant :/

Also have you ever messed with the developer tools for chrome? It's pretty bad ass. just go to document (well, the document picture anyway) on any webpage, click on developer, and developer tools. Pretty nice for anything from site debugging to site analysis.

I think chrome get's some bad rep on it's usefulness by the way it looks. There are tons of things available in it, you just have to know the shortcuts (which myself I don't mess with but I know there is a lot). I am really not sure on extension updates. Never checked.

I use Chrome ATM, occasionally run back to firefox for a specific need. I too used to do web programming with some friends of mine. I can't remember what is was called, but it ran a chrome tab like it was in IE, so when testing you could just run it in there instead of having to open up IE.

Another nice thing about chrome and developing, is that since it makes a new process for every tab, should the fecal material hit the spinning turbine, you'll only lose that one tab, unlike others where you lose the entire browser.