Ups Kills Power Coming Out Of Hibernation

Corrosion.

I just bought a brand new APC UPS ES 550MC, My pc setup is way too much for this thing to run very long.

I has 5-7Minutes with a full battery, it hibernates after about 30 seconds if that (which is fine I guess)

my problem is that once I came out of hibernation the pc just cut out and I had to restart.... The ups had ac power for about 30 seconds before I turned it back on..... It shouldn't have turned off.

Anyway do you have any ideas to fix it or should I just take it back.......

My setup (power wise)

28" Monitor

700Watt power supply (for quad core system)

Cable Modem

and Linksys WRT54G router

(The backup is only 330Watts, so I should probably just take it back huh?)

Even with that monitor I would have thought it should kick out 2 hours. Has it had a full independant charge before testing? I.E. You charged it for 24 hours before using it?

If so, take it back. If they give you shit simply lie. It's a cruel world.

I let it charge for an hour, the software said it was at 100%

Box says upto 43minutes on it. I'm mostly worried about it cutting out when coming out of hibernation.

yes it sucks ass when the thing only lasts a few seconds but then again power outages here are just for a few seconds... overall I'm not happy with it.....

Hmm, this should give some more info http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techsp...base_sku=BE550G

I don't know the laws over there, but generally here you can't just return something if you don't like it and is fully functional. It's up to the sellers discrection. Of coure you can always lie and say it's intermittent :)

It might be a little to small for your system, but probably not. Most likely it is a combination of you failing to charge it correctly when you installed it, (you should have left it running for 24hrs+ to charge) and your system settings for hibernation. For me, I never got suspend/sleep to work correctly on any OS prior to Vista.

I let it charge all night turned on the pc it said battery had 4minutes left and because it shutsdown at five my pc turned off. :/

I think I'll just return it

I personally stay away from and disable both sleep and hibernate on all my machines just for the fact that if you do lose power in one of those states for whatever reason it may be, it always seems to cause problems and/or possibly corrupt the OS, files, etc.

I have an APC Battery Backup but I don't use its software either because it seems to have some issues on rebooting windows and causing it to hang for me, but for the most part, I use it in the event that we do lose power I can then shut it down (manually, not via USB cable to battery backup).

Instead of putting my machine to sleep, I just lock the screen and turn off the monitor when home, if leaving for more than a day or so, I just shut down the machine, otherwise its on 24/7.

You definitely want to buy an UPS that is over 1000 watts of power. My current system has a 850 watts power supply and its connected to a 1500 watts UPS.

When the mains are lost, my ups can provide a run time of 30 minutes, that is if I don't have my 22 inches screen switched on, but even if it's on it would still last for 20 to 25 minutes.