Iphone Recovery

G-Stress

I haven't posted yet in any iPhone forums, figured I'd ask here first. I have a 3G that recently no longer responds to "touch". I'm with Sprint now and have an Evo, but on this 3G there are video's and photo's on the disk I'm curious if there is anyway I can retrieve?

It's running 4.0 firmware, but pluggin it into the pc is about as far as I can access anything as the screen or calibration is out. It's not jailbroken "wish it was" and I have tried with EASEUS to see if it saw the partition, but it didn't even see it.

Why do you need to use the touchscreen to retrieve data?

If 'file system' mode was off when the screen stopped working...

General announcement that has no actual baring on the question at hand: I'm expecting this thread to have lots of spam replies.

What OS are you running right now? I know with a Mac you can use a tool like iPhone Explorer to look at everything under the /media partition (Where all your Music, Photos, Videos, Movies etc.. are)

Of course you can copy and paste thing in/out of there as well. There is also a preview feature to be able to see the photo/video before you copy it.

Edited by LinuxOne

• 3 years later...
Do you have an iTunes backup of these lost photos and videos? If you have, please follow the steps below:

1. Open iTunes and right click on your phone’s name.

2. Select “Restore from Backup”. If you don’t have an iTunes backup, iTunes will not offer this option.

3. Use the drop-down menu to select a backup then click “Restore”

4. Wait till the backup is restored. It depends how many files you have restored. So please wait patiently.

5. Click “OK”.

6. Wait while the Apple iPhone is synced.

7. When the restoration is done, you can disconnect your iPhone from the computer.

Edited by garycordery